Chapter 19: I Can Be, If I Want To

Start from the beginning

How classic.

He cleared his throat. I looked up with a raised eyebrow as he shifted uncomfortably. My scrutiny suddenly turned to approval.

I smiled sweetly, "Well you must be Christian." Grey.

He smiled, a little nervously might I add, "Yeah. And you must be Monica. Just call me Chris."

Well that's a first, a hot guy being nervous about a date.

"Hey Chris. Just call me Mony." I said, my smile getting wider.

"Hey M, let the guy in already. He's freezing." Brandon said, his head appearing at the end of the hall.

My eyebrows shot up in recognition, "Oh, right!" I rolled ny eyes and laughed at my stupidness "Come in."

He walked in and examined the place, I closed the door shut behind me and walked down the hall.

"Follow me," I nodded to Chris, "The queen is right this way."

He laughed lightly making me smile a little, knowing that he was already a little at ease.

I slowed down a bit so I can walk beside him, "Stop being so tense. One of you should at least be sensible enough to calm your nerves in this date." He chuckled, "You know, I'll never really hurt you or something unless you hurt my mom. If you hurt her, don't expect to be able to walk for a year." I threatened in a whisper, making him gulp. He saluted me mockingly despite his slight nervousness.

I smiled sweetly again, seeing as we arrived in the living room. My mom was sitting on her seat, her knee bouncing up and down in nervousness. Brandon --I assume-- is in the kitchen since I hear someone turning the microwave on.

Chris looked at my mom admiringly, holding her hand to help her get up from the loveseat.

"Well, this is my cue to get out of here." I shrugged. I approaced the intercom and pressed kitchen, "Hey B, if you're not out in five, I'm leaving without you."

As I stepped away, I kissed my mom on the cheek after saying goodbye and waved a goodbye to Chris as well.

I got in the car and buckled up before turning up the radio.

A few seconds later, Brandon was already in the car, buckled up.

"You can be really bossy, you know." Brandon said as he started to move out of the spot.

"I can be, if I want to." I shrugged.

And then we drove off to the sunset... Nah, I'm just messing with you, there's no way I'd get all soppy and cliché with this guy right here. After all, he's just my bestfriend, right?

^°•°^°•°^°•°^°•°^°•°^°•°^°•°^°•°^°•°^°•°^°•°^°•°^°•°^

"Flight CA81702 to Los Angeles, California is now boarding."

Eep, this is it, I'm going to L.A.

Out of the blue, I started humming the tune to Little Einsteins. Brandon looked at me weirdly, trying not to laugh as we walked up to the boarding area.

"You can laugh, B." I rolled my eyes at him as he started to look red from holding back his laughter.

Just then, he guffawed in laughter from beside me. "Why did you even--HAHAHA!"

I rolled my eyes and handed my ticket to the lady when it was my turn. The attendant ripped the stub thing from my ticket and gave me the other half as the attendant on my right side also did the same to Brandon's. They smiled at us and said a mere 'good day'.