6. Grab and kiss

Misty locked her room and turned around.

"Is there a reason why you've been watching me while I lock my door?"

"I'm not watching you." Ash shook his head. "I'm just standing here, near my door, vaping and minding my business." He took a drag of his e-cig and looked away to exhale.

"Ash, don't be creepy. If you have something to say, say it." His hand was trembling.

"I wear headphones for the music."

"That's a good thing, Ash. I'm proud of your respect for others." She nodded, trying not to grin. She resisted patting his head. How old was this guy, again?

"Sometimes you're nice; some other times you're just so evil!" He snapped, sounding quite upset.

"Ash, you need to stop acting like a baby." She was amused.

"Don't call me that!" He looked offended.

"There he goes again." Misty checked her light purple manicure. "Do you have something to say to me, Ash?"

"Noo."

"Fine. Bye."

"Wait!" He grabbed her wrist but quickly let go. Misty showed no resistance.

"Ash, I have some stuff to do," She said. "When you're ready to talk about how you really feel about me, we will talk."

"I am ready!"

"Go ahead."

Ash and Misty stood there, staring at each other, completely silent. The door of Ash's room opened and Gary got outside. He gave them a long look before he walked away.

"I have a questio-"

"Yeah, sure! Ladies first."

She tried not to laugh. "Is that why you always tried to get on my nerves with your loud music? Were you just flirting with me in your own way—you know, just liked when I came knocking at your door wearing my pajamas and looking like a mess?"

Ash took a moment to study his words. He said, "No." he quickly added. "I mean, yes. I like your pajamas—and you usually wear nothing under them."

"Thanks for letting me know." Misty nodded to herself. She needed to start making sure she's not fully exposing her nipples to the world when she leaves her room in a hurry. "Now Ash, are you capable of just saying you like me instead of beating around the bush?"

"Are you?"

"Aha, you're trying to get too smart with me."

"You try to act smart too!" 

"You're still doing this?" Gary walked past them and got inside Ash's room. "Damn."

"If a certain someone wasn't slow..." Misty pushed his buttons. She was curious what'll come out of him. He was an interesting guy.

"You don't know if I'm slow!" Ash rolled his eyes.

"I'm not talking about sex."

"Oh... okay."

"And no one will know." Misty teased and turned around. She thought it was the perfect timing for her to leave.

But Ash appeared to have a different idea, as he grabbed her by the hands and pinned her to the wall.

"What are you doing?" Misty whispered.

He mumbled something and leaned forward, not hesitating to kiss her. Misty closed her eyes, completely incapable of resisting the urge to kiss this moron back.

She hated that he pulled away right when she was starting to enjoy it.  

Ash stared at her.

Misty stared at him.

"Misty?"

"What?"

"I thought you needed to leave."

"You little piece of-" She slapped his head with her purse and rushed away.

"Do you need a ride? I have a car!" He followed her as he nursed his red cheek. "If you're with me, you'll never have to take the bus!"

"STOP IT!"