Chapter 4: Bad News

2 years later-
Claire is finally well enough to finish high school and she graduates. But then a few weeks after graduation she doesn't feel really well just like in general. She doesn't say anything though because she thinks it's probably just a cold and it will go away in a week so she takes some cold medicine. Well to make things simple, doctors forgot to tell her that there is an ingredient in Tylenol that she can't have because of all of the problems with the disease. Well Claire didn't know but she woke up at 3:51am that night and she couldn't move or talk, but she could still breathe. Since she couldn't do anything she say there until 6am when her mom gives her medicine for her rare disease. Almost 2 hours of not moving or doing anything. Then at 5:27am she can move her arm so she grabs her phone and texts her mom to come get her like right now. Claire's mom gets her and takes her to the hospital. The doctors find out that she took Tylenol and finally someone tells her that she is now unable to take Tylenol like ever again unless you would like to experience that again.

8 days later-
Claire is well enough to leave the hospital and Caroline visits her. Then Claire finally tells Caroline the very unexpected news that she has been meaning to tell for a while. She only has from this day approximately 1 year to live. Only 2 people have ever lived past their expected passing date but 1 only by 1 year and another by 3 years but both ended up dying from the disease. So Claire was fortunate to live through the disease for a while, most people die very suddenly from it. Caroline breaks down crying because well she doesn't want to loose her best friend who has been through it all with her from the start.

360 days later-
Claire and Caroline meet together in Honolulu, Hawaii, which was #1 to visit on Claire's bucket list. They spend 4 days there then return home expected to be their last vacation together.