"Just a fruit salad and water is fine for me. Thank you." Gabby says, eyeing the menu like she's not hungry and wouldn't stuff whole pizzas in her mouth when we were younger.

I fight back the urge to roll my eyes. Mia's brown eyes flicker over to me, causing my attention to shift away from Gabby. "And for you miss?"

"A burger, fries, a cinnamon roll, and a glass of water please and thank you." I can feel Gabby glaring at me. I look back over at her as Mia begins writing our orders down in her little white notepad.

She shouldn't be surprised by my eating habits anymore. I love to eat. It's nothing new. "You're paying right?"

Gabby rolls her eyes, glaring at me. "Of course. Don't I always?"

"Damn. You don't have to make me sound so poor. You know I would pay for it if I had the money."

"I know."

Mia flips her notepad closed, dropping the black pen into the front pocket of her apron. "Your orders will be out shortly." She gives us a small smile before returning to the front counter.

I stare out the window just as a bright red sports car pulls up. A handsome man with thick dark hair and a suit steps out of the vehicle.

A young man who looks to be about sixteen or seventeen steps out of the other side. They're the spitting image of one another.

I continue watching them as another door flies open. A little boy maybe four or five hops out. The man who I assume is their father, opens the back door of the driver's side. Little hands and arms reach out, wrapping around his neck.

He closes the door to reveal an adorable little girl with curly black hair in the shape of pigtails in his arms.

What an adorable little family.

"Here are your orders." I swivel my head in the direction of Mia's voice. She sets down the drinks first, before grabbing the plates off the tray and placing the correct order in front of us.

"Is there anything else I-"

She's interrupted by the sounds of little voices, and footsteps barreling towards her. "Mommy!" The little boy and girl I saw seconds ago shout simultaneously, wrapping their arms around either side of her legs.

They look up at her with wide smiles and bright eyes. I'm not necessarily a huge fan of children, but I had to admit that they were really cute.

The man in the suit, who I now conclude being her husband, motions for his children by saying something in Italian. Returning to his side, he says something else to the older son and he takes his siblings over to a table a few tables down.

I watch as Mia's face lights up when she sees her husband. He leans in to plant an adorable kiss on her cheek before whispering something in her ear that causes her face to flush.

Whatever he said, she's now bitting her lip and can't seem to stop squirming with discomfort. Shit, I want what she's having.

His eyes suddenly snap to me. His gaze is intimidating and intense. It's almost like he's staring into my soul. He quirks a brow, his eyes scanning over my face.

His voice is deep, vibrating throughout my entire body as he speaks. "Autumn Jacobs?"

"Uh, yes?" Gabby, who had been seductively eyeing the hot man since he walked in here, looks over at me with confusion. I shrug, not sure whether to be worried or not by the fact that he knows my name.

Sensing my confusion, he gives me an small reassuring smile. Mia's eyes are back on me. "Apologies, I didn't mean to scare you," he says as if reading my mind."

Mia is called over by another customer, so she excuses herself and walks over to another table.

"No, not scared," I correct him. "Just... confused. I mean how-"

He clears his throat, cutting me off to clarify. "You applied to work at my nightclub, Fallen." A strong, veiny hand shoots out. I shake his hand, taken aback by his firm grip. "I'm Marcellius Fierri. One of the owners of the club."

Great.

So now my boss can see that I'm hungover and dressed like a homeless bag of potatoes. I'm dressed in a oversized sweatshirt and black leggings, even though it's almost ninety degrees outside. I look a hot ass mess. And it doesn't help that he's absolutely breathtaking to look at.

"I... nice to meet you, sir."

"Likewise, Autumn." He pulls away from the handshake, and drops his hands. I blush, not realizing I had still been shaking his hand. "My brothers are looking forward to seeing your talents tonight, as am I."

I give him an awkward, nervous, lopsided smile. "I won't let you down, sir."

I fight back the urge to let out an embarrassed groan. I sounded like I had just been given an assignment, and being sent off to war to fight for our country.

And not like a stripper, who was simply going to flaunt my boobs and ass in front of a bunch of rich, married men, with nothing better to do than work, cheat, and be absent from their families.

"Grazie(thank you), but there's no need. Just have fun, yeah?"

I give him a nod, biting the inside of my cheek. I watch as he walks away to join his family, Gabby now staring me as if now realizing that I hadn't been bluffing at the dinner table last night. I pop a fry into my mouth, and look down, avoiding her heated gaze.

Oh, God.

Kill me now.