Once upon a time in New Jersey

Start from the beginning

The clock ticks by until 6pm, so I decide to start getting ready for the Stone Pony. Shuffling through my suitcase, my eyes are drawn by my tight red pants, sort of like what sandy wore in Grease, only in red. Pulling them out my suitcase along with my Rolling stones shirt and my red converse, seeing as my leg is still tender from the accident, I still can't wear heels just yet. My hair is naturally curly, so the only thing I have left to do is throw my earrings and bracelets on and some eyeliner. 

By the time I'm finished getting ready, it's time to leave, so I make my way out my room, locking it behind me. Before I know it, I'm outside The Stone Pony and It's actually a little busy. Hesitantly, I make my way inside the dark room, the only illumination being the tiny lights up on the stage. 

The stage is all set up for them coming on but it's still at least 10 minutes before there show starts. "Hey.... Can I get rum please" Tossing the bartender a note as I trail off. A moment later, he slides my glass along the bar, landing perfectly in my hand. With my drink in hand, I make my way towards the stage but slightly off to the side so I'm not easily noticed. A few moments later, the band come bounding onto the stage, last of the group is Jonny who is so light on his feet, he's merely gliding across to the mic. 

His fluffy mop of hair swaying with his movements as he gazes out at the audience, almost as if he's looking for someone. "Hey How you doin?" His voice to my surprise is husky, the audience cheers and roars in response. "Are you ready to rock!?!" His screams into the mic earning louder cheers from the audience, instantly making me cheer along with them. "LET'S DO IT!!" He spins on his heels and points to the drummer who starts beating away on his drums. He pounces round the stage like a proud lion, his husky vocals blaring through the room. I don't recognise any of their music so it must be their own songs which I think is great. 

The show goes by like a house on fire and soon enough it's the end and the band are exiting the stage. A lot of the people stick around for the next band but I make my way back to the bar, pulling myself up on the bar stool "Hey can I make it another" Pointing to my empty glass. 

Just as the new glass hits my hand, a cheery familiar voice echoes from behind me "Heyy!! you made it". My head whips round to see Dave standing behind me with Jonny hanging on his heels. "Yeah I guess I did" Giggling away to myself "How did you like the show?" Taking a step towards the bar. "Oh.... It was great... you guys are really good" , "Oh uhh.... Christiana this is Jonny.... Jonny this is Christiana" Gesturing to the both of us as he speaks. 

My gaze meets with Jon's causing my cheeks to glow bright pink "Hey... Nice to meet you" Reaching his hand out to shake mine. The touch of his hand sends shivers down my spine "Umm.... Nice to meet you..... sorry about earlier". "Yeah... you were definitely having some bad luck" , "Yeah.... that won't be happening for a while" Bashfully giggling away to myself. "So you from the city?" , "Yeah.... I'm New York born and Bred" Sipping my rum as I trail off. "What you doin in Jersey?" , "Umm... y know.... just.... taking some time to get out and stuff... I'm here for another 2 weeks then I have to head back home" Trying my best to think of any excuse that will pass. "I work in New York.... maybe... we could hang out" I can't help but smile like a giddy school girl "Sure... That would be great". Truthfully, I do need to start making friends seeing as I haven't really allowed myself yet, but maybe I should give him a chance.

"Hey... we're gonna be here till closing if ya wanna join us?" My eyes meet with my watch to see it's already nearing 1am "Oh uhh... y know... It's pretty late, I better start heading back". They both look at each other then back to me "Where ya stayin?". "Oh well It's near Sayreville" Shrugging through my words, hoping they don't continue with the subject. "Tell ya what I'm headin that way.... I'll give you a ride" , "Oh no you don't have to do that.... I could try and catch a cab or somethin" Biting my lip nervously, I honestly don't have enough money for a cab but I could have made it work. "You're not gettin a cab on your own.... I'll give you a ride.... cmon my car is right outside" Ushering me out the bar with his hand lightly resting on my waist.