Chapter 17- Bad Boy Confessions

Start from the beginning

"Then go without me. You don't need me there. This is between you and them."

"You're going and that's the end of it." She says firmly.

My anger was starting to build up again like it did when I was on the phone with Blake and that wasn't a good thing. What if I start blurting out things I'm not supposed to again?

I take in a deep breath trying to pull myself together before speaking. "Mom, Blake and I aren't exactly on the best of terms right now. Forcing us to go on a vacation together is a recipe for disaster."

"Then I suggest you spend some time together and work things out because whether you want to or not you're going. End of discussion." She snaps before exiting the room. Once she's in the hallway outside her door she turns back to me and eyes my clothing once more. "Oh, and change out of those awful clothes. I won't have you looking like a tomboy."

I resist the urge to scream and lash out as I storm past her and enter my room slamming the door behind me. This can't be happening right now. I can't wait until I'm eighteen. Just four more months.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and lie down on my bed holding it above my face as I send Brody a text. I might as well tell him what I've done before Blake tells him. It would be better coming from me than his enemy. At least that's the way they act.

Me: Please don't be mad but I may have done something really bad.

Not even thirty seconds later I received a reply from him.

Brody: May have?

I bit down on my lip as I think of a way to answer him. Should I sugar coat it?

Me: You see Blake sent a picture of us at the part to my sister as a way to break us up and I kind of let something slip.

Instead of a reply my phone immediately began ringing with Brody's name flashing across the screen startling me. And being the, oh so graceful person I am, the phone slips from my hand and decides to attack my face. Yeah not my best of moments. I'm that will leave a mark. Right on my cheek.

I quickly pick the phone up from beside my head where it landed to answer it.

"Are you mad?" I ask cautiously before he has a chance to say anything.

"It depends. What did you do?" He answers in a more serious voice.

My heart speeds up and I try best to get my breathing under control. He's gonna be so mad at me. I've ruined the plan. It wasn't intentional though. I just slipped.

"IsortoftoldBlaketheplan." I say so quickly that I can barely understand it myself.

"In English." He replies.

"Ok listen." I explain. "He told me that he sent that picture to Heather for my own good and it got me angry that he thought he knew what was best for me. So I kind of, sort of, asked him if cheating on me was for my own good."

I waited for a response from him but when I didn't get one I became worried. He must be really mad if he's not talking. He'll probably never speak to me again.

Guilt was starting to set in with every passing moment. I know I shouldn't have told Blake but I just got so mad that it all came spilling out without my permission. I should never let him get me that mad.

"Well then there is no point in us pretending anymore now that he knows is there?" He says calmly.

Something about his calmness worried me a little. You know that saying all is calm before the storm? Well that's what I kept expecting a storm.