⚜Fire Meets Ice⚜

Mulai dari awal

"An invitation to a Royal banquet, awareness of my presence, i see!" Siddharth accepted the invitation and planned to arrive at the palace for the banquet.

Later that evening~

The palace was getting ready, changing its setting and decorations to host a great banquet. The lavish foods and it's aroma spread all over the palace. It was quite fragrant and the palace, with all its residents, knew of their duties for the evening. 

Siddharth arrived with some of his guards. Bamni greeted him and showed him to his seat. He greeted everyone with a stern face but his eyes caught on to Princess Devasena.

Devasena stood next to the flowers for a couple seconds and that all it was for Siddharth to observe her appearance

Devasena greeted her parents, Priyamvada, Hriday and even Siddharth. Siddharth regained his facial expression as he had before and sat down at the same time with Devasena. King Bamni talked for a while in the beginning. 

"So Prince Siddharth, what do you think about our Kingdom?" Bamni questioned. Siddharth tried to be on his best. "It is a beautiful Kingdom, quite with righteousness and a sense of duty, I  am quite proud I know of this Kingdom and it is the royal family!" He complemented. Bamni felt pleased. 

It was quite a while before Bamni talked again, between the small conversations. Devasena and Siddharth would take small glances at one another, Siddharth observed her beauty and intentions.  Devasena could see right through his charm and delightful talks, he was giving to Bamni and the the rest of the family.

"Tomorrow is Princess Priyamvada's and King Hriday's marriage, you must attend Siddharth." Bamni offered. "i would be delighted to!" Siddharth accepted and Anusuya had fixed his own chambers within the palace. The feast was over and everyone was exhausted.

At Night~

Devasena awoke and went towards her balcony. She saw a figure down in the gardens, she could tell it was male but didn't know who. A candle light came in the way and she saw the glimpse of his face. "Siddharth!" Devasena went down from her chambers and the upper floors. She looked up and saw the stars twinkle, she saw how the moonlight dawned beautifully over Siddharth's body. He was training and hard. Breaking without a sweat, Devasena wondered 'why train at this time?'

Siddharth was with his sword and Devasena watched from a distance. She accidently snapped a branch and Siddharth was alerted. But he knew who it was.

"You can come out now Princess!" Siddharth stated. Catching his breath. "how did you know it was me?" Devasena questioned coming out. Siddharth smirked, "you were the one who kept looking at me earlier this evening!" Devasena smiled a little, "i intend to observe the people who are new or unfamiliar to me!" She stated cleverly.

Author Note: You Go Girl!

Siddharth chuckled slightly, "you have a warrior's heart, your not like other Princesses!" Siddharth lowered his sword, Devasena came up close to him. "Really how are other Princesses like?"  She smirked a little. Slightly being dangerously seductive. Siddharth picked up on that.

"For one, most Princesses would wrap a shawl around them at night to protect their bodies but you have no fear of reveal!" Siddharth pointed out with his observation. It was also quite dangerous. "i am not afraid of evil eyes because that's just a misconception, an excuse that men made to keep women in place as a form of protection whilst the actual protection is for men to change their ways not captivate or change women. Besides i'm a Kshatriya Rani (warrior queen) i know how to defend myself!" 

Author Note: That's how a true Princess is!

Siddharth was quite impressed by what Devasena said. "you are a noble warrior, but i am curious, you seem new to these royal traditions!" Siddharth stated. "I was in convent for all my childhood and meditate at the temple, your Kingdom had assisted Paurav Rajya and that is when...

"When we got betrothed, right?" Siddharth finished of her sentence. "i know of our Kingdom's histories Princess!" Siddharth stated. Devasena gave a dangerous glance, "clearly, goodnight Prince Siddharth!"

With that she had left. Siddharth continued how he was before she came and soon found exhaustion in his muscles. He retired of for the night not before remembering what his mission was. But not everyone was resting that night.

On the other side of Paurashpur...

The witches coven came together once more. Their familiars were in the forests. It was the night of the full moon and they were all preparing for the prophecy. The three witches talked in riddles till before they opened their grimoires and looked into the day's end.

"What is it? what does the Oracle within the Grimoire prophesise?" The first witch asked.

"Death and destruction, if the heir to the Paurav kingdom's Queen does not rule over the surrounding Kingdoms and the unity of Vampires and the Werewolves, the serpents and the eagles." The second witch saw. The three had felt the spirits on nature unsettle, earlier that evening. 

"If the doppelgänger fails to succeed in her birth mission, the spirits of nature will fall through with her rebirth centuries later!" The third witch finalised.

"Who is the doppelgänger?" The second witch questioned.

"Princess Devasena!"

Hope you liked this chapter

Date: 16th June 2021

PUBLISHED: 21:00PM 27/07/2021