004 ▍tearful farewell

Start from the beginning

“well, umm. . . if she's headed to where we think she's headed to, then its an incredibly dangerous place! we'll fill you in on the details later! in any case we need your strength, bro! please come right away!” he pleaded.

“ok! i dont know what's going on, but fine! let's go!” luffy answered immediately.

“wait.” sanji's voice was then heard, leaning on the wall with his back, smoking.“i'll go too. take me with you.” he paused, “i'll accompany you on your way to becoming the pirate king. after all we both have crazy dreams. so i'll tag along to fulfill mine.”

a crew that don't have the same dream as their captain, im sure his members or future members also has different dreams. how admiring, i'd love to see them reach the top. this will be a good news to report, can't wait to go back to moonlight island. theo thought, imaginary flowers surrounding him.

“i'll be the cook for your ship. sound good? or bad?”

luffy cheered, raising both of his arms, “sounds great! woohoo!” then he and yosaku started to dance happily while going out the restaurant.

theo also started to walk outside, patting sanji's shoulder as he walked pass him. “congrats on joining a pirate crew, hope you survive.” sanji only chuckled.

just when he was about to reach the door, he stopped walking. turning around, then running towards zeff.

“i almost forgot, zeff-san! can i have some of your recipes? please!” the said old man only sighed and called patty to give him five recipes.

only five? theo cried deep inside.

“that's what i can give you now off you go, you brat.” he pouted at the nickname and huff, thanking zeff for the recipes under his breath before stomping out the restaurant.

they gave them a boat— sanji's boat, then some stock for them to eat for days of sailing. theo sat at the edge of the restaurant, swaying his feet, waiting for the three to set sail.

he checked his backpack to see if he didn't forgot anything. den den mushi, check. notebook, check. zeff's recipes,  check. money, check. log pose, check.

ill call them later to report that i dont have a ship or even a boat to sail back to grandline anymore. serim internally cried, contemplating on what should he do. he cant just keep sailing with the rookie pirate crew, his name will give them unnecessary trouble.

he sighed stepping into the boat with yosaku, waiting for luffy and sanji. seconds later, the captain came running with a sack of food.

“brother cook is sure running late.” yosaku stated.

“he is leaving the place where he grew up, let him take his time.” theo spoke sitting down.

“oh. . . ah, he's here.”

as sanji was walking towards the boat, two of the cooks, patty and carne, attacked him only to be kicked in the face.

“let's go.” sanji spoke.

luffy crossed his arms against, “just like that? what about good-byes?” he asked.

“its fine.” the blonde cook replied.

“hey, sanji.” zeff called, surprising the said cook. “don't catch a cold.”

theo smiled along with luffy as sanji started to tear up. “owner zeff!” he yelled.

“im externally grateful, for taking care of me for so damn long! i shall never forget for the rest of my life. . . the debt i owe you!” sanji kneeled and bown his head low, tears flowing down his face.

patty and carne stood up and cried, saying it'll be real lonely once he left and that he'll miss him.

theo's smile never faltered, he remembered the day he left home to sail with you as his captain.

let's meet again one day! you good for nothing bastards!

“set sail!” luffy commanded. with that they left the restaurant, shouting their farewells.

“im going to set sail with [name]-san! im leaving whether you agree with me or not!” young theo yelled, a large backpack behind him.

his mother and father kept quiet, registering what he just said. walking toward the double doors of their home, his father's deep voice stopped his steps.

“comeback when you can cook me the dish that taste like home.”

”

baratie arc is coming
to an end here,
on to arlong park arc!

edit:
D: