𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

The Queen And the King of the chessboard

Which of the two is more important? The king, whose loss ends the game, or the queen, the mightiest player on the chessboard? The king, the face of the crown, or the queen, the true power behind the crown?

The queen of the game was just as important as the king, if not more. 

It was the queen who directed the game, it was the queen without whom the game wouldn't be successful. In truth, the queen was the director of the game. The queen was, in terms of raw power, even stronger than the king.

The queen had the most moves, the powers of the bishop and the rock into herself. The queen was the one who attacked the king of the other game, the queen was the one who took it down to steal the crown for herself.

Lorelle Jackson was the queen of the chessboard in the game they were playing, hiding behind the face of the king who loved her beyond words.

The wings of Fire and Ice

Smoldering wings made of flames that licked at the back of the possessor, that left ashes of obstructions that they faced in their wake. The wings that paved the way to utmost freedom. The wings of fire.

The wings of fire that could burn her, too.

Freezing wings of verglas that scared away anything that came near the eternal coating of frost they possessed. Wings that froze whatever or whoever dared to block the path of the one whose back they adorned. The wings of ice.

The wings of ice that could take her life as the price of their service.

These two wings combined would make the one to whom they belonged a wielder of utmost power, to do with it what they wished. It could be both the wings that led them to freedom or the shackles that bound them to their cages.