Part 2.

Jungkook's POV

"Would you like to be my boyfriend?" The words that I never imagined would come from Y/N escaped her lips. She took me by an absolute surprise.
Boyfriend?

I thought she was up for a tease, but her sincere eyes and hopeful smile had me dumbfounded. Oh man, I didn't see that coming, and I am sure my face clearly showed what I was feeling.

However, I still tried to stick to the thought that she was getting playful with me, so I decided to ask her for confirmation. "A-Are you being for real?" I stuttered, too anxious about her answer.

"Umm, yes. I just wanted to know if you wanted to take our relationship a little further. Do you?" She said, the hopeful smile never leaving her face.

Saying that I was shocked would be an understatement right now. I was dumbstruck, frozen on my spot, my mind going completely blank. God, how am I supposed to react to this? The fact that I had no idea she was having these thoughts about me didn't come in handy at all.

I was too immersed in my thoughts to notice the cheerful smile slowly fading away from Y/N's face, getting replaced by gloom. The atmosphere got thick due to the unusual silence. The now monotonous voice of the characters on the screen failed to overpower the awkwardness.

When I was still contemplating on forming some words so as to not hurt her in any way, her calm voice echoed in my ears, "Jungkook, It's okay, you don't have to think too much about it. I understand if you don't want to be in any sort of romantic connection with me. It's fine with me, really."

For some reason, I felt a faint sense of disappointment when she said that. However, I couldn't think more about it as my mind was already overwhelmed with a lot of emotions, of which I could only comprehend a lot of confusion and bewilderment.

Y/n smiled a little, trying to reassure me, but her eyes told a completely different story. Even though Y/N was very good at hiding her emotions, I could see the subtle shimmer of distress in her eyes. I knew she was nowhere near okay with me reacting this way to her confession. Y/N was not the person to take relationships lightly.

"What are we having for dinner?" I asked, changing the topic, not being able to process my thoughts anymore. I felt like being strangulated by my inability to find the right words, and the only way out seems to be not talking about it, at least for now. Did I absolutely hate myself for it, though? Yes, a hundred times.

"Uh... Pizza and some ice cream?" I could sense that Y/N had a strange calmness in her voice. Most likely, she was trying not to reflect her sorrow in her voice.
"Sounds good." No... Why did my tone come off so disinterested?
Y/N picked up her phone and surfed through the contacts to make an order.

I felt terrible for not being able to utter anything to her confession. It's not that I was upset with her for bringing up her feelings, nor I wanted to escape the situation. I was just... caught off guard. Her confession hit me hard, knocking all the sense out of me.

If it was anyone else, I would have probably handled the situation, but it was Y/N, my best friend. I was the one who was supposed to protect her from getting hurt. How could I bring myself to say something that would crash all her hopes?

Never in my life, I can even think about hurting Y/N. I don't want to lose my friendship with her, either. Why does her simple question seem so complicated right now? I am sure I am gonna go crazy if I am not able to collect my thoughts soon.

Even so, talking to Y/N right now doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I am not taking any chance to trust my anxious blabber at the moment. It is only going to make me regret saying something rude and inconsiderate.

The situation had me feel somewhat suffocated in here, the thought of me hurting my best friend eating me up alive.

My phone suddenly vibrated in my pocket, making me flinch. I awkwardly smiled, noticing a pair of eyes looking at me as if I had grown horns. Y/N immediately avoided eye contact when I looked at her.

Guilt rushed into my nerves at her action. I even felt a strange pang on my chest, noticing she had to hold back her emotions from her best friend, and I was the very person who was responsible.

"Are you not going to take it?" I realized I was again lost in my thoughts until she brought me back to reality. The ringing of my phone was already echoing the room, and Y/N happened to notice it before I did.

"O-Oh, right." I picked up the phone, not expecting to hear a panicked voice.

"Jungkook, J-Jimin is..."
Heavy breaths. That's what I heard from the line. Alarmed by his panicked state, I furrowed my brows.
"Relax, Taehyung. Breathe."
I tried to calm him down. A few deep breaths later, his breathing seemed to slow down a little, so I worriedly asked,
"What's wrong? Are you okay?"
"No... Jimin, he got into an accident."
"What? How? I mean, is he okay? Where are you?"
"We are taking him to the hospital."
"Text me the address. I will be there in a few minutes. And, calm down, alright? He will be fine."
"Okay."

"Is everything alright?" Y/N concernedly asked me as I ended the call.
"Jimin met an accident. Y/N, I need to go."

I grabbed my keys from the table and gave Y/N a quick pat, dashing to the doorway.

"Is it serious? Do I need to come with you?" Y/N worriedly followed me. "You don't have to worry. Taehyung is there. We can manage."

"Okay then. Call me if you need anything. Let me know about his condition once you reach there."

"I will. See ya!"

"Bye. Drive safe."

I got out of her apartment and sprinted to my car, practically flying to the hospital.