FIFTEEN

Baby you got me tied down

I felt like the air was sucked out of my lungs. Like the blood was drained from my body. Daniel figured it out.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him scared of what he was about to say. I wanted to yell and tell him to get the hell out of my apartment but I knew it would just add to his suspicion.

"I came back to the city after I left the cabin. I was sitting in my apartment when they were talking about Harry Styles on the news and how he was still missing. That's when I recognized him." Daniel explained.

I moved away from my front door and into my living room. Daniel watched me the entire time.

"You're right. The guy that I was with was Harry Styles." I sat down on my sofa and Daniel did too. He kept his distance though.

"What happened? Was his kidnapping a joke or a publicity stunt or something?" He questioned.

"He was never kidnapped. I found him after he was attacked that morning. Two men beat him up and when I came across him he was bloody and one of them stabbed him in the abdomen."

"Why didn't you call the police or take him to the hospital, Carter?"

I looked down at my hands, "I didn't know if those guys would try to hurt him again. I took him to the cabin and nursed him back to health."

It was quiet for a moment or two before Daniel broke the silence, "Then you fell in love with him."

I looked over at him, "This is a weird conversations for us to have."

Here I was talking about the man that I loved with the man I was supposed to marry. It was very strange and I didn't know how it was going to end.

Daniel chuckled a little while he rubbed his chin, "Yeah, it sure is. But it's the truth, isn't it? You have feelings for this guy?"

"How can you tell?" I asked him.

"I saw the way you were protective over him." Daniel looked down and I felt a little bad.

"I care about him a lot. It wasn't supposed to be like this. I wasn't planning on falling in love with him. I just wanted to help him and then we started talking. I learned stuff about him and he learned stuff about me. He isn't what everyone thinks he is." I didn't realized that I was crying until I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Carter, why are you crying?"

"Because I lost him forever." The tears started flowing freely now. I couldn't catch my breath and I covered my face with my hands. All I could think about was Harry.

He was the person that I wanted to be sitting on my couch with. He was the one that I wanted to comfort me.

I felt Daniel pull me into his arms as I cried onto his shoulder.

"It's all going to be okay, Carter." He tried to tell me but it wasn't working.

I shook my head a little, "No, it's not. He's never going to forgive me after what I did."

"If he doesn't it's his loss." Daniel said. I knew he would rather not be talking about this at all. He would probably say anything about Harry even though he didn't know him at all.

I moved away from Daniel's shoulder but he still kept an arm around me, "No, it's mine."

It was quiet again. I dried my tears and stood up, "You can't tell my family, especially my mother what happened. I know that you told her that I was at the cabin. You owe me."

Daniel nodded, "I promise. I do owe you way more and this is a start. I'm sorry about the way that I treated you when we were together. I made it seem like my job was more important than you."

I put my hand up to stop him, "I'm not in the mood to talk about the past, Daniel."

Daniel stood up, " I just wanted you to know that, Carter."

"Thanks for that."

Daniel put his coat back on, "Do you need me to stay with you for a while?"

I shook my head, "I should be okay."

I walked him over to my front door. I opened it and he stepped out before he looked back at me, "Have a good night, Carter."

"You too, Danny."

I saw him smile at the nickname I used to call him. He walked away and I closed the door. I sort of wished I would have took him up on his offer of staying.

I never felt more alone in my life.

I wished that I was with Harry in that cabin in the woods. I wished that we were sitting by the fireplace and talking about anything and everything.

I just wished that I was with him.

I tried to stop wallowing and headed to my bedroom. I desperately needed a shower. I grabbed my favorite warm pajamas and headed into my bathroom.

Once I was done with my shower and changing into my clothes, I brushed the knots out of my hair and then proceeded into the kitchen. I was craving some soup.

I put my chicken noodle soup on the stove and went to turn my television on. I flipped through some channels until I landed on the news.

"Breaking News in the story of the attack on Harry Styles. The two men that attacked Harry Styles in New York City have been arrested. The men, pictured here, were caught trying to use his credit cards. The police working on the case immediately found them after surveillance cameras spotted them in various stores using the credit cards. Harry Styles has been evaluated by doctors to make sure that none of the injuries he sustained were in terrible condition. Harry Styles hasn't talked to the media since he was found late last night. His family and other members of One Direction were seen entering the hospital that Harry was admitted in." The reporter went on and photos of Harry were flashing on the screen.

I felt the weight lifted off my shoulders that the men that caused all of this were where they deserved.

I wasn't fearful for Harry anymore. He was safe and with the people that he loved.

I just wished that I was right by his side.

*This chapter is sort of a filler. Sunday's update shall be more interesting! ❤️

Don't forget to vote and comment what you think!

-loveyouall