FOURTEEN

Baby I'll never leave if you keep holding me this way

The next few hours were the worst. The snow was really starting to come down. I was one of the few cars left on the road.

I fought back tears the entire time. I couldn't believe that I did what I just did. Harry didn't deserve it. I owed him way more than leaving him even after I promised him that I wouldn't.

I knew that he wouldn't ever forgive me. I wouldn't if I were him.

I needed coffee if I was going to head back into the city. I saw a diner that was just off the highway and decided to stop there. I hurried out of my car and into the warm diner. There were a few people inside.

I took off my coat and hung it on the coat rack near the door. I went to sit down at a table near the window.

"What can I get you?" I heard someone ask. I looked up and saw a waitress. She was older and had this bright red lipstick on. Her name, according to her name tag, was Gwen.

"Uh, can I get some coffee to go please?"

She nodded, "Sure, sweetheart."

I looked out the window after she walked away and watched the snow. I felt this pang in my chest as I thought about Harry. I screwed things up with him big time.

"Here you go." Gwen came back with my coffee and also a brown paper bag.

"I didn't order this."

"I know. I saw that you seemed a little upset walking in. It's our well known glazed donut." Gwen smiled.

"Thank you." I started to pull my money out of my pocket when I heard the television.

"Welcome back to CNN. We have breaking news at the top of this hour. Harry Styles has been found. Police have located him at a hotel in Northern New York. He was alone and was safe. There weren't any signs that he had been tortured or abused in any way."

I froze in my seat. They found him. I should be relieved but I was far from it. I knew that I would never see him again.

"I'm glad they found that boy! My granddaughter is a huge fan of One Direction and she's been praying everyday for his return!" Gwen exclaimed as she looked at the television.

"Yeah, me too." I mumbled.

Gwen looked back at me, "Now, will you tell me what has been bothering you? Is it a boy?"

"Isn't it always?" I breathed out a chuckle.

"What happened, dear?" Gwen sat down at the seat across from me.

"I promised him that I wouldn't leave him and then I did just that. He and I are from two different worlds and it wouldn't have worked anyways." I looked down at my hands.

"How do you know that?" Gwen questioned me.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I didn't. I just assumed."

"You know what they say about assuming, dear. You should call this guy and see if he will give you another chance."

"It won't do me any good."

"You're giving up too soon. You seem like you are afraid of opening yourself up to this guy." Gwen said.

It was scary how this lady didn't even know me but it was like she did. I never met her a day in my life but she knew me better than some people that I've known for years.

"I wasn't in the best relationship in the past and I guess I'm letting it effect my future."

"We've all done it. My first husband wasn't the nicest guy and I let him dictate my love life for years after we divorced and I didn't even know it. You seem like the nicest girl and I know that things will work out for you and your gentleman."

"How do you know that?" I asked her.

"Because I have faith."

"Hey! Gwen! We need your help back here!" One of the cooks popped their head out the door that I assumed lead to the kitchen.

Gwen sighed, "It's back to work for me. Be safe in that weather and good luck, dear."

She touched my shoulder before she walked away. I took my wallet out and placed $40 on the table. That was way more than what my coffee cost but Gwen earned it with my impromptu therapy session.

I grabbed my coffee and donut and started to leave before taking one last glance at the television. There was a helicopter following a white van that Harry was in. It was on the highway and had a couple of police cars escorting them along the way.

I knew that people wouldn't stop talking about him. They would want to know the entire story. I just hoped that Harry wasn't too upset at me to include my name.

....

It was a couple of hours later when I arrived at my apartment. I was tired, cold and heartbroken.

My apartment was more like a brownstone. It used to be a house for the wealthy many years ago before it was converted into apartments. There are two other tenants. We each have a floor to ourselves. I don't really see them much.

I was located on the second floor. I walked up the stairs thinking about how much I couldn't wait to get to sleep in my own bed. I grabbed my keys out of my purse and unlocked my door when I reached it.

I thought my apartment was going to be cold since I didn't leave my heater on when I left. But it was the opposite.

I set my things down when I heard footsteps. I was shocked to see Daniel was in my apartment.

"Daniel? What the hell are you doing here?" I closed my door.

"That guy that you were with at the cabin, that's the same guy that's been all over the news these last few days, isn't it?"

*Any of you guys fans of The Vampire Diaries?? (The show) I started rewatching it for the millionth time on Netflix 😁❤️ I love Damon Salvatore!!!!

Do you guys like the new cover?? 💜
-loveyouall