Coming Home

You didn't know why you were in this position to begin with, you shouldn't be — making her a part of your life caused you so much pain in the past, treating her with kindness will just allow her to think everything was okay when in fact, it was nowhere near it. She tore your heart to pieces without hesitation and it took a lot for you to heal from it.

The first time you met each other was now hazy; concealed deep in the back of your mind.

Perhaps, it was your brain's defense mechanism against the torment she put you through.

It was better that way; at least she couldn't hurt you within an arm's reach.

However, it was almost always unavoidable to not think about her. You grew up in the streets of Box Hill together, her family lived three doors down from the tiny home you shared with your father. You were in the same classes every year in primary school because her parents made sure she was there wherever you were because you were the only person she was comfortable to be around with — her best friend.

As you both aged, you were granted independence by your families. As soon as it was appropriate for you to walk together every morning and afternoon, you started becoming closer, never leaving each other's side.

You slowly learned to love her without knowing what it meant.

High school tried to put a rift between your friendship, but time had proven how sturdy it was. Despite Rosé's, multiple protests towards her parents against sending her to a private and exclusive all-girls school in Canterbury, she still ended up getting enrolled there. You understood. After all, they were able to afford it and wanted what was best for their youngest daughter.

This didn't stop you from seeing her each day. It only motivated you to strive harder, like You took three buses from Box Hill to Canterbury every single day just to pick her up so you could go home together, regardless of her family being able to afford a private driver. It took her parents a lot of convincing from you. They thought hiring a driver was way easier than having you get off school early just to see her.

"Nonsense", you told them — reminding them of the time you broke your leg in year five after saving her life; that was only one of the thousand adventures you shared with her.

Her father, Mason, chuckled at your antics while her mother, Clare, admired the love you had for Chaeyoung. They both knew you were only meant for each other and getting in your way wouldn't do anything and will only strengthen your stubbornness to do what you think was right for her. At the end of the day, they also knew you like the back of your hand — being able to watch you and their daughter grow up made them reminisce of their younger days.

Being with her always felt like heaven, like nothing in this world could hurt you as long as you were with her. She was your flower; your Rosie.

This was why you didn't know how to react when she broke your heart at fifteen.

It was an early Sunday morning. You were sat on the park bench across her church whilst eating a bag of clouds; her favorite lollies that you had to buy at your local IGA. She was unusually quiet, a blank look only plastered on her face.

"What's wrong?" you asked in confusion, eyebrows furrowed as you swung your legs back and forth. "You seem zoned out today."

She blinked, finally bothering to look at you. "Do you remember when I flew all the way to Sydney with my parents to audition for a Korean company called YG Entertainment?"

"Are you kidding me?" you chuckled lightly. "That was the first time we were away from each other so long. I wanted to see you so bad that I kept trying to convince my dad to let me fly to Sydney just to see you. Of course I remember, you chicken."