ch 28: tristan

As I sat back in the private suite, watching the football game being played down below, I smiled in satisfaction of a well-executed slant pass.

I always understood and appreciated the beauty of the game, but it just wasn't for me.

The crowd began cheering and I watched as my dad caught a perfect spiral from Sunny's dad, about 40 yards away.

There was a wild cheer coming from the ensuite patio and as I hobbled out, my suspicions were correct.

Decked out in her dad's jersey and the tiniest pair of denim shorts she could've found, I stood in awe, watching as she cheered for our dads.

She turned to say something to Gia, and that's when I noticed the glittery #8 painted on her face; she looked absolutely adorable.

My heart tugged when she turned back to focus on the game and I knew this was probably not the best time to talk to her, I couldn't help myself.

"Bunni!"

She turned and the look of disdain on her face still wasn't enough for me to not try; I had to try.

"Hey..."

She rolled her eyes and turned to Gia, whispering something in her ear before the two walked away, completely ignoring me.

I knew I deserved it, but that didn't mean it still didn't hurt like hell.

I watched helplessly as she walked over to where her family's usual bodyguards were. After talking for a moment, she and Gia left with one of the guards.

A few minutes later, I had to squint, but I saw her: standing on the sideline watching the game up close.

I knew she hated the ruckus and chaos of being on the field, and I knew the only reason she was even down there was me.

I chuckled to myself, realizing that the only reason she talked to me that night after Nate's party was because she was wasted.

I was never gonna get my Bunni back.

🖤