Thanksgiving disaster

Y/n POV

The crew and I planned to have thanksgiving all together. We had planned for certain people to make certain stuff. Like Chris and his wife got to make dessert, chandler got the veggies, Karl and I got half of the main dish while Jimmy got the other half like the turkey, corn, and something else. Karl and I got mashed potatoes, gravy.

We were all told to invite our family, it was Chris idea. Jimmy and I looked at each other knowing for us that wouldn't be a good idea. Our mom and dad were divorced. They absolutely would hate to see each other. Everyone just stared at us as what we would tell them because of that problem. Jimmy forgot that Chris had our moms phone number. Chris realized that and went outside and called her, he said that she would be coming. I have given Jimmy a worried look. Next thing I knew Chris's wife  Katie, had taken my phone and found my fathers contact and called him. She said that he would be coming too, and then she gave me my phone back. I was so scared about was about to happen.

I had went to my room very quickly and grabbed my keys and a hoodie. I ran outside and got I got in the car and my breathing had picked up. Karl had ran after me and got into the car with me. He had asked what was happening but I wasn't able to answer him because I have hyperventilating. I was trying to tell him but no words came out. Jimmy came running out and asking if I was good, Karl didn't answer him because I was just staring at my wheel.

⚠️warning abuse⚠️
Your father was abusive to me and Jimmy. He was always drunk, and whenever we didn't listen to what he said he would end up leaving bruises on us. Our mother had tried to get out of their marriage when Jimmy was 10 and I was just 9. When she tried, our father would end up leaving bruises on her too. When he did this on a school day our mother would have to put makeup on us to hide the bruises. After we finally turned 16-17 we had left out mother and father and went out ways. Our mother finally was able to leave him. I was mostly the one abused, every time he told me to do something I just ignored him and went to my room. That's when he came in and ends up hitting me.
⚠️end of abuse⚠️

She made her own business. It was a now big makeup industry. She made us promise to never speak or make contact with our father ever again. It was all going good until chandler had called him. He said that we were having thanksgiving and to come. Knowing our dad, he was going to try and start something. Jimmy realizing that I'm remembering all of that, he came to my side of the car, opened the door and hugged me.

Jimmy POV
After Chris had called mine and y/ns mother. I was happy she was finally coming down the North Carolina again. But then chandler found our fathers number and called, saying that we're having a family thanksgiving dinner and to come. Y/n and I looked at each other when the called ended. We knew what was going to happen. Y/n was always the one treated badly so I knew this was going to go down hill pretty quick. Next thing I knew, y/n was having a hard time breathing. The next thing I knew she was running out to her car and karl running after her.

Everyone saw how both of our faces went from normal to scared. They asked if I was ok, I had to explain everything and they both realized that they messed up. After that we all ran to y/n to see if she was good. Once we got out there karl was trying to get her to talk but she wasnt. I looked over at her and saw her face and realizing that all the bad memorys were coming back. I quickly ran to the other side of the car and opened her car door and hugged her until I knew my little sister was ok. After a soild 15-20 mintues of just sitting in the road, she finally hugged back and saying sorry for making everyone worry.

Y/n pov
After all the memorys came back, I felt like i wasnt able to move. Though I could hear and feel what was happening. Jimmy and I just sat in the road for what felt like forever. I was finally able to move. I gave jimmy a hug back, apoligizing for just not talking and making jimmy sit in the road forever. I also apoligized to the boys for making them worry. After we finished everything, they both came. Mom walked through the door and ran up to me and my brother. Then that's when everything went downhill one more. He walked in. My father. Our mother froze, looked at Jimmy and then looked at me. Jimmy and I walked into another room with her and explained everything. She said we would have to try and act calm and everything to not make him make him mad. We all went back and everyone has arrived. We all sat at the long table and started to talk and slowly eat.

Once we finished everyone headed to the living room laughing and talking except dad. He was just glaring at mom,Jimmy and I. Finally he grabbed all three of us, he took us outside. He started screaming at us because we left him, never invited him to family stuff anymore, we ignored him for many years. I felt tears forming in my eyes. I looked to the side and saw everyone in the window watching, I looked at Chris's wife and kinda gave her a look to call for help. She gave a light nod and called the police. I looked back and my father looked at me pissed and then the next thing I know is I get slapped hard to where I fell onto the ground.

Our mom right away started yelling at him and trying to tell him to stop, then she was on the ground. That's when chandler and Chris came out and started to hold back my father away from Jimmy because he had already punched in him the gut. Finally the police had arrived and saw him and grabbed him right away and took him. They asked if we were ok, my mother was crying, Jimmy was mad crying and I was just in pain. Karl ran out and sat next to me, rocking me back and fourth. The medics were called and came to make sure everyone was more ok. They checked my face, made sure Jimmy was good after that punch, and mom making sure she wasn't hurt as much.

After they left, our mom thanked everyone for inviting her and thanking them for the good food on this day. She left, we all went inside and went out separate ways. Karl and I went to his room while everyone was in the living room. We were all scared of what we saw. It was now late Karl and I are just watching his show when I finally fell asleep after this day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I'm sorry for not updating for a while, to be honest I forgot I was writing this book. So I'll try to finish this. I have swim team state this week so maybe don't expect another chapter for 2-4 days. Sorry again