Chapter Seventeen~ Sophie

Začať od začiatku

"Can I talk now?" Fitz asked him.

"I guess so," Dex shrugged.

"Thank you," Fitz said sarcastically. "As I was trying to say...actually...you pretty much covered it..." he looked down at the table, completely embarrassed.

Dex crossed his arms and grinned his smug dimpled grin. "Thought so,"

"What about me?" Keefe asked, crossing his arms to match Dex.

Fitz looked awkward for a second. He opened his mouth to speak but then closed it.

"What was that?" Keefe asked.

"I just assumed you were going to interrupt me so I stopped," Fitz said.

Sophie couldn't help but smirk at that.

"Well Fitzypoo, it's been fun, but we" he pointed to everyone at the table but Fitz, "have important things to discuss. So bye-bye!" He gave him a mocking wave.

"Wait, you guys were talking about a sleepover," Fitz said before Keefe could practically shove him out of the seat.

"What's it to you?" Dex asked.

Fitz twisted nervously. "Maybe..." he mumbled "Could I..."

Dex and Keefe's eyes widened. "You want to do what?" Dex asked.

Dex clearly had no shame in showing Fitz that he didn't like him.

Biana gave Sophie a panicked look.

"Maybe?" Fitz whispered.

Dex looked ready to tackle Fitz. Keefe looked ready to laugh in his face and say "HA NO!". Biana looked ready to pass out, and Sophie... Just sat there in shock, trying not to Inflict on him.

From all the looks they were giving him, Sophie was surprised when Fitz still did get that they were all trying to find nice ways to say no to him.

Sophie opened her consciousness to the rest of her group and discussed.

You're not seriously considering this... Right? Keefe thought.

I don't think this is a good idea... And not just because I don't like him. Dex thought.

I know guys... Sophie transmitted, But maybe if we supervised him we could learn something about the Neverseen.

NO! Sophie please! Biana begged. I can't!

Sophie felt so bad for Biana. She didn't know what she could say that would make this any better for her. But Fitz would be suspicious if his own sister left him out.

Sophie tried her best explaining this to her...

Finally, Biana's mental voice sighed (if that's even possible) and she thought I'm being selfish...

No you're not! Sophie transmitted, This is a lot on you!

Just tell him he can come... Biana thought, I might as well get used to having a traitor for a brother...

Sophie smiled sadly at her friend and severed the group's connection. "Fine Fitz," she finally said.

Fitz smiled. "Thanks,"

"But no Bangs Boy!" Keefe added, "Six is a crowd,"

Sophie could tell Fitz was suppressing an eye roll as he agreed not to tell Tam.

The bell rang, signaling the end of the day, and Sophie, Keefe, Dex, Biana, and Fitz dispersed from the table and headed to the Leap Master.

On her way out, Fitz grabbed Sophie's hand. "I hope you really accepted my apology," he said and kissed Sophie's forehead before shouting "Everglen!" into the Leap Master and glittering away.

Sophie thought about what he said after she shook off the kiss.

She began to wonder if Fitz actually cared about her. Or was it just an act...

Fitzy's coming to the sleepover... * non-enthusicastically* "yay..." 

Dex was really throwing shade at Fitz in this chapter... (He held his hand up and was like "no") XD But he deserved it so... Don't worry! He'll be back to his Cinnamon Roll self next chapter! 

Now you're probably wondering where I've been... my school just finished finals and today was my last day! My class went out to eat after school (I have a small class) so I didn't get home until five. 

Anyway, love y'all!