Chapter Fifteen~ Sophie

Just the thought of that name made her shudder. Saying it made her feel sick.

The group made their way back inside Havenfield and headed up the staircase to Sophie's room. By the fifth step, Sophie tripped. Keefe thankfully reached out and grabbed her before she could smash her face onto the steps above. "You okay, Foster?" he asked, giving her one of his signature smirks.

Sophie's heart did its rebellious flutter-flip. "Y-yeah," she blushed.

Dex and Biana snickered and Sophie definitely heard Biana whisper to him "I ship it,"

When they reached her room, Sophie rushed to the window to check on Wynn and Luna.

Thankfully, they were perfectly fine, galloping through the pastures and playing a game that looked like tag.

"Who do you think they were?" Dex asked nervously.

"I have no idea..." Sophie whispered, still gazing out onto where the alicorn twins played.

"You don't think---" Keefe started to suggest,

"No," Biana interrupted, "They have nothing to do with this,"

"You don't know that," Keefe said.

"I don't care!!" Biana snapped.

"Ok, guys, let's calm down," Dex said, squeezing his way in between Keefe and Biana before they could start a shouting match.

Sophie tugged at an itchy eyelash as she thought of a plan. "You don't think they want us to find Nightfall...do you?" she asked the group.

She only got a few shrugs.

Just then, Biana's Imparter buzzed and she had to go back to Everglen.

That left Sophie, Keefe, and Dex to come up with a plan.

"I don't want to offend Biana..." Dex started, "But what if Wonderboy is really up to something...and that kid with the bangs?"

"It's really possible..." Keefe agreed. "Who was their leader last time?"

"Fintan Pyren," Dex said. "And some creepy lady, Vespera, Gethen, and Ruy... but they're all in Exile so it couldn't be them..."

"Who could it be then?" Sophie wondered, even though they all could guess the answer nobody wanted...

----Time Skip to Monday----

Sophie made her way through the halls of Foxfire with Keefe, Dex, and Biana by her side.

She walked into the cafeteria, sat at the farthest table in the back, and the group began to discuss.

"I told Fitz about what happened on Saturday," Biana said, "He seemed really shocked...and he was kinda mad we didn't hail him,"

Sophie felt a pang of guilt. But what could Fitz have done?

"Well..." Sophie thought out loud, "If he was so shocked and upset...should we cross him off our list?"

"I wouldn't yet..." Dex said, "Look," he ever so subtly pointed across the room to where Fitz and Tam were seated...with Maruca?

"Why is that suspicious?" Keefe wondered. Sophie was wondering that too.

"Because Fitz doesn't talk to anyone but Tam," Biana finished.

Sophie watched as Fitz's group stood up and walked out of the room.

"We're so following them, right?" Keefe asked.

"Definitely," they agreed, standing up and heading for the cafeteria doors.

"Sophie, can you enhance me?" Biana asked.

Sophie nodded and grabbed her hand. Biana grabbed hold of Dex's hand, making him blush like crazy, and Keefe grabbed Sophie's. Their group turned invisible and followed Fitz, Tam, and Maruca to the library.

"Wow," Keefe's disembodied voice whispered, "I've never been here before,"

"We know," Dex whispered back sarcastically, "There's a lot of logic and knowledge in here---two things you know nothing about,"

"I don't need to know any of that stuff Dexy," Keefe whispered, his voice sounded like he was smirking, "I know how to be awesome! That's all I need to know, right Foster?"

Sophie felt herself blush, thankfully no one could see her. She was going to make a sarcastic remark back to Keefe but Biana whispered-shouted "Both of you, BE QUIET!"

She dragged them through the library's doors that were in the process of closing.

"OW!" Dex whisper-wailed. His invisible body must have hit the door.

"Sorry," Biana whispered to him.

"Guys, sssshhh," Sophie told them, "They're talking."

Their invisible group walked into earshot of Fitz's conversation.

"Is she trustworthy?" A voice asked.

"I sure hope so," Fitz whispered.

The voice appeared wearing a black cloak, their body was still invisible though.

It couldn't be Wraith...Could it?

Sophie shook away the thought. He was in the Collective!

"You 'hope so'?" the voice hissed.

Fitz huffed and crossed his arms. "She's really good. We need her,"

"Don't mess this up," the voice told him and vanished completely again. The library doors opened and closed signifying that the cloaked figure had left.

"Welcome to the club, Maruca," Fitz said, reaching out his hand to her.

She shook it and said, "Now, tell me where Nightfall is," 

DUH DUH DUUUUHHHHH!!!!! 

I'm not saying anything about Maruca's last sentence... (Speculate for yourselves and let me know in the comments!!) 

This is going to be a super short A/N because I don't want to give anything away!! 

Question: How do you think Maruca knew about Nightfall? 

Love y'all!!