chapter twenty two

sapnap - implied sexual content

my parents were happy to have karl stay for a bit, and even believed both lies i told them about the situation. that karl and i were just friends, and that his mom had to go to canada last minute because her sister was sick, and didn't have enough money to bring karl.

i still wanted to go to the police about karl's mother, though. but i wouldn't go behind his back. i'd just have to try and convince him.

one thing my parents were not happy about, however, was that i'd invited clay, george, and minx over as well without asking. clay and george were going to stay for a sleepover and we were going to talk through everything that happened and apologize, while minx was just going to stay for supper as she hadn't gotten the chance to eat at karl's like she was supposed to.

"i need my stuff," karl mumbled.

he'd been quiet since we got here, probably scared out of his mind. i was doing my best to comfort him, though, playing with his hair as he layed in my lap.

"i'll go and sneak in like i did today," i told him. "it was easy, don't worry. just make a list of everything you want and i'll grab it."

"no, i should go," karl insisted, "my mom is crazy, i don't want her hurting you if she catches you."

"well i don't want her hurting you either, baby," i said.

karl went quiet again, his face going red. i smiled. that was me. i made him blush.

"hey."

karl and i looked up to see clay standing in my doorway. "oh, hi," karl responded.

"could i steal sap for a moment?" clay asked him.

karl hesitated for a moment before nodding and pushing himself up and off of my bed. he nodded to clay as he slipped by him out of the room.

"i'm sorry," clay said. "i was planning to apologize to you after karl, but then... shit happened." he explained.

"i accept your apology," i told him.

he looked nervous, like he wanted to say more but didn't know how. eventually, he spoke again. "i think i'm bi," he admitted.

clay let out a laugh as my jaw literally dropped. "shit, really? that was unexpected." i got up from my bed and gave him a hug. "glad you felt like you could tell me, dude. how'd you realize?"

the blond's face instantly went red. "it's kinda embarrassing," he muttered. "did you, uh, hear what george did during the fight the other day?"

"yeah..." i knew where this was going.

"this is weird to say," clay covered his face with his hands, so his words came out slightly muffled, "but hearing him moan really fucking turned me on."

i burst out laughing before i could stop myself.

"what's so funny?" george asked from the doorway.

my laughing abruptly stopped as i looked between clay's tomato red face and george's confused one. "oh, what was that karl? you want me downstairs?" i yelled before winking at clay and leaving the two alone.

karl looked up from my couch once i got to the living room. "did you yell my name?" he asked. "i couldn't tell, but i thought i heard it."

"yeah, i was just trying to make an excuse to leave clay and george alone," i explained.

"of course," karl said with a giggle. a cute giggle.

and not cute in a toddler way. cute in a gay way.

° • ° • °

karl

sapnap's parents were very nice.

but i wondered if they'd be so nice if they knew the truth. that i was dating their son. that if i had never met their son, he'd still think he was straight. he wouldn't experience homophobia. he'd probably be happier without me.

i cursed myself every time i thought like that. i knew it wasn't true, sapnap was very happy with me. he was suppressing his true self before.

but i still can't help but wonder.

"i'm gonna go to sleep now, baby," sapnap murmured into my ear.

we'd talked stuff out a bit ago, awkwardly ignoring the marks that had suddenly appeared on both clay and george's necks. now, the two slept on an air mattress, while sapnap and i cuddled in the bed next to it.

"okay," i whispered. "goodnight."

eventually, he began to snore softly, signaling that he'd fallen asleep. i wasn't really tired, too much to think about.

and it'd be pretty hard to sleep with clay and george breathing heavily as background noise, as well as muffled moans here and there.

but after a bit, i could feel my eyelids drooping. i snuggled into sapnap and prepared to fall asleep.

"a-aahh... clay- i'm gonna- nngh-"

i tried not to groan as the two got louder. how was sapnap sleeping through this?

"shh, georgie," i heard clay murmer. "you wouldn't want to- mmhh- wake up the others."

after another minute of moans and panting, the two quieted down and likely went to sleep. i let out a sigh of relief once the room was quiet again.

but not for long. because of course, sapnap just has to talk in his sleep. and since i was right next to him, all i could hear were incoherent mumbles.

until three, very coherent words left his mouth.

"i love you."

i felt my heart stop. was he dreaming of me? what if he was dreaming about someone else? what if this was all a joke, and-

another word interrupted my thoughts.

"karl," sapnap continued in his sleep.

i felt a smile grow on my face as i processed what i'd just heard. he loved me? sure, it was fast, but i didn't care.

sapnap loved me.

word count: 965
this is doing well in the dnf tag rn so felt this was necessary