C H A P T E R 23

GONE TOO FAR

tw: abuse

"Where were you?" asked James as she got home. He was already waiting for her when she got in the kitchen, which surprised her. "With Rafe Cameron"

"Stop lying. Why would even look at you? have you seen yourself?" James said, acting as she was completely worthless.

"Whatever," she snapped, leaving the kitchen.

She felt her uncle grabbing her wrist and pulling her back into the room. "There's no talking back under my roof"

"Okay I don't give a fuck," she replied, forgetting about the consequences.

"Oh we'll see about it," he said, taking in his hands her hair and dragging her with him.

He punched her stomach, then her nose, still hurt from last time he hit her, and swore how bad he hated her. When he took a knife, her eyes went wide.

"If you use it, I'll have even more scars" she sobbed, holding her stomach because he had hurt it so bad.

"Shut up, you see it alright? next time you talk back it's hurting for real okay? and talk about it to your little pogues, I swear you're dead"

Why was Cooper never here when she needed him?

She sobbed as James left her, and headed to the bathroom, where she took some codeine as pain killers. She left the house without healing her wounds more and hurried up at the chateau.

When she arrived, she only saw John B, outside alone. He walked towards her and she immediately saw something was wrong.

"What's up?" she asked concerned.

"JJ's being JJ," the boy spoke before getting closer. "Damn Callie what's on your face?"

She bit the inside of her cheek as an answer and John B understood. He gave her a long warm hug. "Why didn't you just, call me or came over like old times?"

"Thank you John B, but I spent the night at the Cameron's, he just did this to me like half an hour ago. But I'm fine, the whole JJ thing worries me more now"

"Get in, he wants to talk to you"

Callie took a deep breath and walked into the chateau, where she found JJ walking small steps all around the room.

When he turned around, she saw he was even more bruised than she was. "What the hell JJ?"

JJ looked surprise to see her in this physical state, but something in his eyes changed than when he was usually concerned.

"So he hit you too? not only me?" he asked, out of nowhere without context.

"Who? your dad? James?"

"No your kook boyfriend"

"What? No he didn't hit me of course not!" she replied, surprised JJ could even think Rafe would hit her. "Hang on, did he do that to you?"

"Yes he did"

Callie felt her heart missing a beat and frowned. "He was with me, how did he-"

"He wasn't with you this morning I guess, right? He wasn't with you when he came at my house and beat the shit out of me without telling me why? uh?" JJ was clearly mad and she felt like not controlling the situation.

"JJ it has to be a mistake, he wouldn't hit you, he's a good person" she stated.

"Oh so I'm a liar?" he laughed. "I swear, he was beating the shit out of me not even an hour ago"