P R O L O G U E

please read it's important: In this story, there are a lot of mentions of abuse (mental, physical and even sexual). About the warnings, don't worry they are at the beginning of every chapter. I just wanted to clarify that I'm not using these for romance purposes, I don't create them only for love plots. I blame all kinds of abuse and I just think it's important talking about it, and adding it in my story was important to my eyes. Please don't think I romanticised rape or abuse because it's not my intentions. Thank you so much, also if you need anyone to talk, about it, my dms are always open. Love you all!!

-
-

Her friends would've said she was a Pogue, her family would've said she was a Kook. Who she really was ? She would figure it out.

Callie Sanders, mostly called Cal, lived in the Outer Banks with her annoying older brother Cooper, and her uncle James. Her parents died in a plane accident when she was ten and Cooper twelve.

She always had a great relationship with her father. He was everything she loved and she was the most precious thing in his life. She also loved her mother a lot but their relationship was a bit tangled; they were fighting all the time .

After her parents death, she was sure she coped but everyone could tell she didn't. Loosing a person you love is hard, losing two simultaneously is even harder.

She might never have considered her uncle and her brother as a loving family, she knew she had one. They were the Pogues. It's not easy to say when you're a Kook, but it's true, these were her family.

-
-

A story happening the summer before the first season of Outer Banks Netflix. In what Callie Sanders is one year older than the Pogues, part of the crew for as long as she could remember.

writers note : dropping the next chapter next tuesday !! can't wait for you to read it <33