Chapter 44 ~ Moon

Start from the beginning

Blaze finally breaks the silence, taking a deep breath in his stupid grin never leaving his face. "Come on." He nods towards the car, walking me around to the passenger's side and helping me get in before slotting himself into the driver's seat.

"A-are we... are we going to the party?" My voice comes out more breathless than anticipated, tripping over my words. Blazes smirk widens, even more, a disgruntled noise coming from the back of his throat.

"Nope."

"So-uh... where are we going?" Is he taking me home? Does he regret it? But he's smiling? Oh god... is this what everyone talks about... Am I supposed to have s-sex with him now? Holy- oh no.

"Relax Butterfly, I can practically hear the clogs in your brain working overtime," His hand covers my knee and squeezes, applying just enough pressure to calm me, I'm being ridiculous. Blaze may have been one to enjoy... a lot of... sexual things but he wouldn't force me into anything- how could I even think that. "I'm just taking you somewhere else." He smiles, almost like he can read my thoughts... I fricking hope not.

We drive out of the parking lot and through the town in silence, Blaze's hand never leaving my knee.

I have so many questions running around my head, it annoys me how calm he is... yano like he didn't just kiss the living daylight out of me, making every single fibre in my body feel all tingly and hot and then just sits there in silence... grinning like a Cheshire cat. Oh lord, It makes my heart race just thinking about it.

I watch out of the window as we roar down the highway getting further and further from town, away from any party that's being held tonight. We drive farther out to the country ridden parts of Atlanta which only adds more questions to the flurry in my mind but soon enough Blaze pulls down a dirt track, no light or tarmacked road for miles.

Panic travels down my spine as my fingers brush the cool glass of the window... this sure does seem like the start of some horror movie.

"I'm not going to murder you butterfly don't worry." Blaze lets out a deep chuckle making me jump. His lips curl with a satisfied smirk- at the fact he read my mind before I could even say anything. He eventually pulls off the dirt track into a man-made, dusty, uneven parking lot with a single street lamp illuminating all of about ten bays. The entrance of a forest at the far end. No other cars lay under the dim light, the trees surrounding it shielding any moon from touching us and I shiver at the loss of natural light. Blaze parks in the middle of the bays and gets out, scurrying around to my side.

He takes my hand helping me out of the car, I hesitantly follow him as he leads me towards a small opening in the vast forest of trees. I slow my walk to a halt, tugging on our intertwined fingers. Blaze looks back at me, the remainder of a smirk still on his lips.

No way in hell am I walking into a frigging forest where there are no other people nor any light! The dark shadows from the branches don't even show a clear path ahead. I'm going to die.

"Come on, it's not that scary I promise." His smile is illuminated under the single street lamp. My feet stay planted still fifty-fifty on whether I am actually about to be murdered or not, "Trust me." He squeezes my hand and a rush of warmth settles through me.

"I do! But what about axe murdering bears..." I look past his shoulders into the dark trees.

"Axe murdering bears?" He struggles to hide his amusement, "I think that highly unlikely Blondie... I'd actually pay to see that." He chuckles and I slap him lightly on the arm, "I promise there are no axe murdering bears. This is somewhere that's.... special to me...Please." The sincerity and desperation in his words move my feet forward a few steps, getting dangerously close to his large bicep.