A Merling's Kiss {Ranbob x Reader}

Start from the beginning

Though I wasn't sure if I should even go over to her but then again I didn't want to see rude plus I have been lonely here for quite some time so I guess I needed to talk to someone. I climbed the ladder as I pulled down the lever to open the door as I got out and fixed my suit jacket and goggles which were placed on top of my forehead.

I walked out into the open to see that it was nearly evening and the sun was going to go down. Then I saw female merling already sitting and waiting on the stone floor as she was flicking up her tail splashing the water slightly on the opposite side. She seemed to notice my presence as she stopped doing everything and turned her head to look at me.

"Uh... Hi." I simply said as I slowly sat down cross-legged on the ground as she smiled.

"Hello! It's nice to meet you." She said in a cheerful manner.

"Likewise. Also were you... the one who was knocking on the glass wall?" I asked as she nodded.

"Mhm! Sorry if I was being annoying. I was just playing around." She said said fiddling her with her fingers slightly.

"You weren't being annoying... I'll be honest about that." I said as I smiled a little as I saw her eyes light up slightly.

"Really? A lot of people find me annoying when I do those things even if it's not too much or anything." She said as I slightly furrowed my eyebrows.

"I am being honest with what I said." I replied as felt her looking over at me and giggling a bit which made me look at her.

"You're not the social type, are you?" She asked as I closed my eyes and looked a with a small chuckle.

"You could say that, considering I haven;'t really had company for a long time." I replied before continuing. "My name's Ranbob. What's yours?" I asked.

"My name's Y/N! If you don't mind me asking, what are you exactly?" She asked. 

"I am actually part enderman and I am not really sure about the other part of me. I am actually a hybrid so yeah." I said as I looked at her.

"Oh that's really cool!" She said very much looking optimistic. Then I saw her looking at the sky as the sun was going down slowly.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"No it's good. I just have to go home now before nightfall." She said before continuing to speak. "But I'll be coming back tomorrow and every other day I can." She said with a smile as I smiled back.

"Okay. I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I said as she nodded and waved goodbye before swimming away. 

Just like that, she came back everyday. She never has missed a day of coming back here. I honestly enjoyed her company as much as she liked mine. She's an interesting person to say the least.

She's very enthusiastic about many things and a pretty curious one too. She would ask me some questions either about me or the city of Mizu but it would mostly be about me. I don't mind them to be fair. I like talking about something which I am interested in.

"Ranbob? Hello! Earth to Ranbob!!" I heard someone yell as they poked me at the side of my forehead only to see it was Y/N with her usual playful smile.

"O-oh sorry." I said apologizing as she giggled.

"It's fine. What were you thinking about?" She asked me as I looked at the horizon before slightly looking down.

"It was anything important really." I simply said.

"Can I please know about it?" She asked looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Hmm... Nah!" I said with a chuckle as she pouted.

"You're no fun." She said playfully shoving me.

"Ay! I would have fallen in the water if you shoved me anymore harder." I said.

"You scared of water or something?" She asked.

"No I am not. I just prefer not coming in contact with it." I said and right on cue she slightly splashed me with water by using her tail.

"You really had to do that...?" I asked feeling attacked as she giggled.

"Sorry sorry. But I just had to so I could see how you would react to it." She said before continuing.

"You're not mad are you? Please don't be mad at me." She said hugging me asking for not being angry at her but I only let out a sigh and used my free hand to pat her head.

"I can't be mad at you for even a day if I wanted to." I said truthfully.

"Yay!" She excitedly cheered as a smile formed on my face. She always knew how to make someone like me smile.

We continued with our normal conversations that we have most of the time. As we talked, we didn't realize how late it has gotten until Y/N spoke up.

"O-oh! I gotta go now. I didn't realize the time." She said.

"It's okay. I guess we were pretty much into our conversations to realize it." I said as she smiled.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked as I nodded.

"Sure." I said and before I could get up I felt her grab my upper which stopped and the next thing she did shocked me.

I felt her giving me a kiss on the cheek. I was too shocked to even respond but I only heard her giggling at my shocked expression.

"See you tomorrow!" She said as she was gone.

I came back to my senses as my face heated up from the sudden action. I ran my hand over my face till it covered my mouth trying to calm myself down but my heart was pounding still. I didn't know what to think other than smile.

"A Merling's kiss really is something, huh?" I thought to myself as the smile never left my face.

--------------------------------------------------

Author Notes: What's this???

An update after nearly two months?!

Yeah really sorry about that I just lost my motivation because of my studies and busy self!

But I have come back with a slight clear mind so I am willing to continue this once more!

Also to Pancakesunday64, remember how I said was gonna do a part 3 for a request you made for a part 2 of a oneshot? Yeah I kinda gave up because I wasn't really proud of it so I decided to end everything in part 2!

Also Itztaataburi, I am really sorry for giving up on your request it's just that I am not very well known with the bioshock fandom and I tried but I can't so I hope you forgive me!

Anyways I hope you liked this oneshot!

Please Vote, Comment, Read and Enjoy!

Peace Out!

~Amber❤️