"I-I.." I began muttering up to zen.

"Princess!" The chief shouted at me to stay quiet.

"Please, you're going to be okay, just stop.." Zen begged me as he opened his eyes.

"I love you.." I managed to mouth as my vision got blurry. I could see him break even more.

"I love you too.." he cried and held me tight as tears began to slip down my cheeks and my eyes shut.

From there, it was really just a faint dream. None of this seemed real to me. There's no way I'd ever leave zen for so long. An entire 7 months? 8 now.. how did I survive that? I couldn't have..

But I did.. I survived every bit of it.

My body had a new scar. A new story. Something new to look at. I had changed. I was soft spoken now, nor that I was physically able to raise my voice now anyway, I was gentle. I didn't fight anymore. I began to let things go.

My soul, however, didn't want to move on. I stayed on earth. I stayed alive.

My eyes fluttered open to the bright morning sunshine. I'm wearing new clothes and I'm alone in this room, my room.. I gently touched my hand to my throat and felt the stitches. I'm not very happy about having scars anymore I think.

I slowly sat up. I felt light headed. Quietly, I took myself to the bathroom. I'm pail as a ghost. I look a little more skinny too, that's nice. My hair looked gross but I don't have the strength to shower. Instead, I just cut it off. I cut it to my shoulders. It wasn't even but it was cut. Now I have to find Zen.

I walked out of my room slowly. There was a maid walking not far down then saw me come out.

"Princess Y/n! Y-Youre awake!" She shouted and came running to my side.  "A-Are you in pain? Do you need water?" She asked quickly in a panic as another maid come to help hold me.

"I need Prince Zen.. Can you take me to him?.." I asked with a scratchy and painful voice. I'm very, very soft spoken thanks to the injury.

"Yes, Princess" they said together and carefully guided me down the hallways. One of the maids ran to find Zen before we got there. We had been slowly walking for about 5 minutes before I finally saw zen sprinting down the hallway in his pajamas. I smiled away as I watched him.

"Y/n.." He muttered my name breathlessly and didn't seem to know what else to say when he stopped in front of me. I let the maid go and wanted to get closer. Zen thought I'd fall so he held his arms out to catch me but was surprised to see me still standing. While his arms were out, I walked into them and hugged him. "Im taking you home whether you like it or not.." he told me in a whisper and held me back. I nodded my head and was happy to hear.

"Im done fighting.." My quiet voice barely could get out, "no more swords.. No trying to do what's best.. I did what I could for tanburan.. its time to go.." I whispered.

I could hear the maid sniff before speaking, "We'll takeover Princess, don't worry!" She cried which made me smile more.

"Will you take me back?.. I-Is that-.." I muttered before I painfully coughed.

"Wh-What?" Zen asked in absolute fear and slowly fell to the ground with me as I coughed to let me rest.

"A-Are people allowed to g-get back with their ex?.." I asked and couldn't stop coughing but smiling.

"You never dumped me in the first place.. Juniper gave me your letters.." he spoke softly and held me tight while the maid went to find the chief.

"Th-That scoundrel.." I muttered making him laugh.