Chapter 3

Twinkling mushroom earrings bouncing a little as the man walks by the prison cell, the leather boots tapping on the netherite-block ground, the mushroom hat sat lazily beside the owner's head, the necklace of two letters K presents the kingdom which the man once ruled.

"Your highness."

The ravenette kneeled in front of the man as soon as he saw the former king.

The said man took his hand out to help the smaller male up. "I'm not a king anymore Sapnap, you know that."

"Yes. But you're the one who sent me to be a warden instead of being your knight... I cannot just abandon my king.", said the former knight as he bows and takes his king's hand to press a light kiss on its back. "You look magnificent as always,my king."

The taller man hummed. "With that praise, I might ask Sam to give you a raise.", he winked before the shorter man released his grip as he backed up because of embarrassment.

He clears his throat. "Please, follow me."

The brunette curiously observes the cells as the two walk towards the front desk.

"What are your intentions of visiting today, your highness?"

"What? Can't I come to see how my favorite (former)knight was doing?", the brown-haired man jokingly said.

"Well,no. But-" ''I'm just joking with you, relax!"

He stopped ruffling the ravenette's hair when the latter playfully glared at the taller man; He raised an eyebrow. "Oh, now you decided to sass with me?"

"You know how much time I had put on my hair, your highness..."

The warden was booped by the nose.

"Quit muttering and tell me how you have been."

His hands behind his back, slightly lean in and tilted his head so he's talking next to another's ear, his firm grip on the smaller man's shoulder.

"Y-yes."

He watched the flustered boy dumbfoundedly lead the way,he smiled. Oh how he loves to tease the boy, watch as the strong, powerful former warrior/knight being oh so easily flushed just by a single tease.

.

.

.

As the two walked and talked, a slightly raspy voice came out of the lava wall beside the pair.

"...George?"

He frosed.

Shit. He thought.

"Why-why are you here?"

Exhaled.

Stay. Calm.

Next to him was a confused warden. What is going on? Why do they look so nervous around each other? He only knew that they had known each other for so long that his king sent him to watch over the dirty blonde man. He- he thought they were best friends but it seems like there's much more specifics.

"Are you here to ruin my love life again?"

He looked...scared.

The brunette rolled his heterochromia eyes, he scoffed.

"It was in the past."

Oh. It clicked. How did he forget? His memory has been getting bad since he was 5... His king sent him over to watch over him not just because they were best friends, he sent him over because he wanted the warrior to protect Dream.

"Plus, it was you who ruined your own love life first."

"No I'm not-"

"You said it yourself, Mr. 'It's just a friendly date' ."

The blonde stands up, glaring at the security cam on top of him which directly points at the brunette.

"Listen, I didn't even know he would propose to me on the first date. I mean, who does that!?"

"And no. I didn't ruin my love life, you did."

"I've told you that I was engaged."

"And after that, you gave me a bouquet."

"Is that something a man who is engaged would do?"

The prisoner looked annoyed. "It was an apology gift!"

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Panicked, he tugged the former king's sleeve, but the brunette had slipped away from his grasp.

"Your highness-"

"Even if it was an apology gift. Why the hell would you still come to my house every night? Why would you still cuddle with me and play with my fucking hair like you fucking used to!?"

"I want to keep you company! Like a friend! Who said you can't cuddle with your friend!?"

He crossed his arms, too busy to hear the footsteps from a far.

"Don't start that bullshit, what kind of friend would kiss their friend when they were sleeping!? Yeah, I was awake at that time, are you-"

"ENOUGH!"

Sapnap shouted, catching the other two men's attention. "Your highness I'm sorry but you have to go now. If Sam finds out that I let you in without permission, he will scowl me for it!"

"And for you, 0812. If you don't want to get punished then I suggest you lower your voice.", the said man huffed but didn't say anything.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

The footsteps drew closer while the youngest warden dragged the taller man to the exit, the grip on the latter's wrist was almost too aggressive for his liking.

"Your majesty."

Early morning sunlight flashing on his golden locks, pretty sapphire blue color eyes almost brighter than the emerald on the owner's golden chain. (AN: Yes, I know Punz' chain didn't have an emerald. Just let me have my own fun, 'k?)

Said the owner lazily leaned back against the netherite wall.

"Hey Sap.", it's Punz.

"Punz?"

"Yup."

"Why are you here? You know that you're banned from here since- you know- "

"Yeah I know. No need to remind me that I've been banned from the Pandora Vault all because of that one time I was just training my little brother around here.", said the mercenary rolling his eyes.

"Whatever. Why are you he-?"

"Sapnap? Where are you?"

Shoving his king to his best friend in panic, Sapnap quickly said. "Shit- Quick! Take him back home and I'll see you and Purpled at home alright?"

"Finally! Purpled and I've been lonely without you at home y' know?"

"Aw- Wait- Now's not the time!! You have to go, now!"

"Okay- Okay- Stop pushing me so I can walk!"

"See you soon!"

And the pair left.

------

Sorry for the lack of update. School year is almost over so the works put a lot of pressure on me... Again, sorry.