Omake

3rd Person POV (unedited)

 Kakashi walked down the market place, Naruto held to his hip, intent on putting the extra space in his new house to good use. Who would've thought? A house, not just an apartment, but a real, physical, separate house! 

 It wasn't anything huge, just a small, cozy home far enough away from Konoha's center for it to be quiet, but not so isolated as to hinder is reaction time in case of a summons or emergency (he was a paranoid shinobi, after all). He hands the 4,000 ryo over to the women behind the counter after he'd picked out the kind of couch he wanted. She informs him it'll be a few days for them to put it together, and gives him the date to come back and pick it up.

 "Thank you for your purchase!", the lady says, and coos a bit at Naruto, who gives his gurgled laugh in return. Kakashi nods to her, and gives a wave as he exits the store, hoping his smile is friendly enough to not be too awkward in the crinkle of his eyes. 

 Heh, maybe he'll consider going out without his mask one of these years, once he learns not be be so unsettling in facial expressions. 

 Kakashi snorts at the though, how impossible- a lesser shinobi would've laughed. Naruto looks at him with his happy smile, grabbing at the fabric of his mask, trying (again) to pull it down. Practically everyone he knows has tried to see under it at some point (everyone besides the Hokage has been unsuccessful), but Naruto sets the record for the youngest.

 The toddler babbles about, laughing, and moving his arms about as Kakashi indulges in the "baby speech" conversation with him, a warm look in his eyes. 

 "Let's get home, and I'll chop up some bananas for you as I make lunch, 'kay?"

 Naruto gives a big grin, chanting " 'nanas, 'nanas," in response, and Kakashi doubts his willpower to deny the ray of sunshine anything. Not that it seems to matter in that moment, such a bright child deserves the world if he so wished for it.

                           _________________________________________________

4,000 Ryo is around 40,000 Japanese yen, or $350-400 USD: [1 ryo = 10 yen]

This was supposed to be longer, a full chapters length, but I got my Covid vaccine, and started getting a bit sick over the past few days (side effect, I'm pretty sure). I'm feeling better now, but I felt like a dumpster fire, and my whole body would ache when I moved.

Sorry, I know there's no excuses, I feel a bit better, and I wanted to get something out.

I forgot to mention last time, HAPPY PRIDE MONTH

Stay safe out there, my guys, gals, and non-binary pals! 💜