:Chapter Eight: The Government Probe |Part One|

Right Hand Man's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Sunday, the airship was calm, too calm I thought. Usually, there was always something happening, an idiot being an idiot or something like that. I flipped the ship into autopilot and got up, I stretched and yawned. It was getting a little later in the day so I decided to go check in on Reginald. I walked down the quiet halls, it was almost everyone's day off. I knocked on Reginald's office's door, his muffled voice said, "Come in!" I walked in and saw Reginald half asleep on his desk. I went up to him and said, "Reg, le's go watch a movie or som'thin', ya're clearly exhaus'ed." Reginald picked his head up off the desk, yawned, and moaned, "Mmookay." I picked him up, bridal style, and carried him to our room. I set Reginald down on the couch gently and sat down beside him. He cuddled up to me and buried his head in my chest, I picked up a book and began to read. I rubbed Reginald's back and he let out a small snore, I smiled. After a while I yawned and set the book down, I looked down at Reginald asleep on my chest. I gave him a little kiss on the head, then there was the sound of glass breaking. "Ugh!" I exclaimed as something hit me on the cybernetic side of my head. I fell off the couch and put a hand to my head, there seemed to be something like a circuit modification part. I felt my cybernetics glitch and my vision flickered green. "R-right? W-whats going on?" Reginald asked. "AAAAAAAAGGGHHH!" I roared, pain throbbing through my head. My vision went green and a message flashed in my cybernetic eye, "New order; Capture leader of the Toppat Clan, bring them to location Alpha." I tried to fight it but blacked out.

 Reginald's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"RIGHT!" I shouted. There was what appeared to be a USB stick in his cybernetic ear, his cybernetic eye flickered. There was a small buzz noise and his eye turned green with the government insignia in it. "Capture Toppat leader, bring to location alpha," Right Hand Man said in a controlled voice. "Right?" I asked softly, "What's going on?" He grabbed me and flew through the window. "RIGHT!" I screamed. I clutched onto Right Hand Man as he flew, I gave Right a small kiss to try to snap him out of it. His eye flickered for a moment but it stayed green, I was terrified but tried to remain calm. After an hour or two Right Hand Man landed at a government base, men surrounded us and Right threw me to the ground. The general came and handcuffed my hands behind my back. Right was now standing next to a truck and Galeforce threw me in. "Right, I know your in there! I love you! Please come back to me!" I screamed. Rights eye flickered and stayed red for a moment, but it didn't last long. "Right Hand Man Green, help me out here, we need to get information out of him," Galeforce said. I began to sob and Right powered up his laser eye. "Right, please no, we have a relationship!" I exclaimed, "I love you! Please, our son needs you!" I was on the edge of giving up, but Galeforce stopped Right from hurting me. He clearly knew that I could turn him back by telling him about himself. "Wait, are you and Right married?" Asked Galeforce. "No, but we might be eventually," I said. Galeforce took out his walkie-talkie and said into it, "Come get Right Hand Man Green, I wish to speak with Reginald alone." A voice crackled back, "Ok will be there in a few."

 Right Hand Man's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood guard as the General questioned the Toppat leader, the leader was sobbing and trying to tell me that I was his boyfriend. "I don' 'ven know who ya are Toppat scum," I said. That clearly upset him because he stopped talking and just sobbed. Something flickered in my head, a memory, it was me and Reginald's first kiss. It felt like a blow to the head, I gripped my head and grunted. The General turned to me and said, "You are excused, report back to my tent. I will be there soon." I saluted and turned to leave. The Toppat leader shouted, "Righty! No! Please! This is not the real you!" I turned and shot a bandana into his mouth. I left and went to the general's tent, I sat down and waited. After a while the general returned, the Toppat leader wasn't with him, I stood up and saluted. "Good, Reginald is being shipped off to the wall," He said. I flinched at the name Reginald, memories would flicker occasionally. "I 'ad an odd mem'ry, sir, it was me and the Toppat lead'r. I was 17 at the 'ime, we kiss'd, it was mah firs' kiss. Was I ina relat'onship with the Toppat lead'r, sir?" I explained. I could sense the general's stress level rise but I ignored it. "No, you never were, must be a glitch in your cybernetics," The general said. "Also, how di' I git these cybernetics?" I asked. "The Toppat leader almost killed you, the government had you brought back to life," The general revealed. I snarled and said, "I'ma kill 'im!" "No, he is in jail, he can't hurt you now," The general said trying to calm me down. A young man walked in and said, "Hey dad! I heard we captured Reginald, by reprograming the Right Hand Man with a probe!" I stared at him and he stared at me, the general cleared his throat. I turned to him and asked, "Is thi' true?" "No! Uh, Charlie, you must be confused Right Hand Mand Green has always worked for the government. The Toppats almost killed him remember?" The general said, there was an odd amount emphasis in his voice. Charlie said, "Oh yeah, my bad, hehe, must be a little confused."