1

She sat up quickly putting on some clothes before racing to go wake her niece.

"Freya wake up," She says shaking her niece awake.

"Yes, aunt Dahlia?" askes a disoriented Freya still trying to open her eyes.

"Th firstborn has been made," she says grinning wildly "Get dressed and meet me outside."

Freya's face fell as her aunt walks out quickly excited for the new child. She did not want the child to live a life as she had. She knew the fate of each newborn and prayed for protection over the child.

"Freya hurry up"

"Coming" she yells before getting ready with a sigh.

They had been traveling for days straight without stop. They didn't have a map, they didn't need one, Aunt Dahlia could feel the power of the newborn and it drew her toward the child.

Finally, they stopped in New Orleans at a local bar.

"There," she said excitedly pointing towards a woman singing on the small platform.

Freya looked at the woman with pity. She was very pretty, smooth milk chocolate skin, white curled hair, big doe brown eyes, pink lips, and a smile that would give anyone butterflies. She could see why one of her brothers would take an interest in her.

 Aunt Dahlia took a seat at the bar watching her with a glimmer in her eyes. "Amazing"

Freya sat beside her "What is?"

"I feel the power of the child yet it is not born"

Freya's eyes widen in surprise, her magic wasn't sensed until she was 5. This scared her, she knew it would make her aunt want the child even more and she did not want her to have the child or the great power they possessed. Yet there was nothing she could do, the power her aunt possessed was far beyond her own.

They sat in silence as they watched the lady sing beautifully on stage.

Unfortunately, the time passed and she was finished for the night.

 With a low sigh, Freya followed her aunt towards the way the lady went.

The sky had darkened and the streetlights were on. Most people already home or on the way making the streets look mostly deserted.

"Excuse me, Miss," says Dahlia

"Yes?"

"I just had to say your voice is magnificent, isn't it dear" she says turning towards Freya her eyes signaling her to get closer.

Freya smiled and nodded "Yes indeed it was" before waking past the lady giving the effect she as leaving.

"I have to ask, I hope you don't take it the wrong way, but are you with child?"

The lady looked down and smiled "Yes I am"

Dahlia smiled brightly "Oh dear that's amazing, I bet the father is just over the moon"

"Oh he doesn't know yet, I wasn't planning on telling him, it was a one time thing and he isn't the fatherly type you know"

Dahlia's smile widened into something almost sickening "Good"

As soon as the words left her mouth Freya put a clothe around the lady's face.

"shhhh don't struggle it'll just make it worse for you and the child" say Freya lowly and the women gave in to the darkness.

"Good, now lets go home" says Dahlia leaving Freya to bring the body.

"Great" She sighed carrying the women the best way she could