twenty-two || "Andromeda."

Start from the beginning

"On my count."

Olivia leaned forward, getting ready to sprint.

"1.....2..........3"

We both took off for the car, weaving through the people that were in the parking lot. Summer was giggling in my ear, hugging my back as I ran as fast as I could.

"Easy."

I was out of breath and my legs were about to give out, but I still managed to win. "How!? I thought for sure you couldn't run with her on your back." Olivia screamed coming to a stop in front of the car.

"No offense Summer."

"None taken, I didn't think he could do it either."

She hopped off my back, pulling my keys out of my back pocket. "But that was very impressive." She kissed me before climbing into the car.

"The bear slowed me down." Olivia sat it in the seat next to her before sitting down herself.

"If that's what'll help you sleep better."

...

"Later Liv."

I unlocked the back door so she could get out. "Bye Dev, bye Summer. Thanks for spending the day with me." She grabs her bear, and opens the door. "Anytime Liv! I had a lot of fun today." I was happy Summer and Olivia had such a close bond. Olivia didn't have many friends at school so I knew how much her and Summer getting along meant to her.

She ran to the front door and I waited until it opened before pulling off.

"I'm beat." Summer yawned, resting her head on the window.

"Take a quick nap, we're not going home yet."

She mustered up enough energy to look at me. "Where are we going now?" I grabbed her hand, circling my thumb on its backside. "You'll see when we get there." She slumped back into her seat groaning. She wasn't a big fan of surprises but I hoped she'd might like this one.

Summer's POV

Besties play Mine by Bazzi for this scene <3

"A park?"

I tried my hardest not to sound unimpressed.

"Just get out" he sighs.

I jumped out of the car, making sure to huff on my way out. He popped his trunk, spreading out a blanket and some pillows.

"Are we star gazing?"

A smile had now crept its way onto my face. I loved watching the sky, and tonight was the perfect night for it considering they were all on display.

"Ahhh, now you're interested?" He sat in the trunk, patting on the empty space next to him. I joined him and rested my head on his shoulders. "The sky looks beautiful." I had always been intrigued by the stars and galaxies. The fact that space was so infinite and there was a world of the unknown up there just made it even more alluring.

"Andromeda."

"Huh?"

I glanced at Devon who was still looking up at the sky. "She was a princess in Greek mythology. Has her own constellation and everything." He pulled out a scroll from behind him handing it to me. "And now you're apart of her galaxy." I grabbed the scroll, trying to process what he was telling me.