Chapter 14

She hated the black dress she was wearing. She had hated the terrible atmosphere, the ceremony, the cries. She hated it all.
At least she was back in her home town. The first train after the funeral took her back. She couldn't stay there any longer.
Unlike the last time, Ed wasn't there. Lorraine had forced him to stay at school and wait for her there. So the walk there had been a very quiet one.
A few people had turned their heads to her. The case of a possessed girl from a high-school spread fast just like any other rumour. Unfortunately, she was a popular name.
'Lorraine?'
A weak girl voice called out her name. When she turned, she noticed Ruby. Exactly who she had expected to be.
Life returned to her face. Her skin had color and her eyes had their human spark again. There was no sign of the demon anymore.
'Thank you so much,' the girl whispered and threw her arms around Lorraine. 'I'm sorry that I didn't believe you. I'm sorry that I've been a bitch about it. I'm just...sorry.'
The words came out so fast in Ruby's agitation.
'The thought that you and Ed would save me kinda kept me alive, you know.'
'If course we were going to help you. Everything that had happened to you was terrible.'
The two girls looked at each other.
'I wish I could have prevented it.'
Because she had felt it was wrong. She should have insisted to stop them or something.
'That was my mistake. Don't worry about it.'
The two girls continued their road to school together. It was weird to talk with such comfort after those months of despising each other. They shared to each other information about how they felt during the demonic activity.
The possessed girl and the clairvoyant girl.

Ed had spotted her blue eyes first, then her dark clothes. And just after the girl that walked by her side.
And for the following hours they didn't even get the time to talk more than a couple of minutes. Even so, he could see the exhaustion and pain of her face. Probably the funeral hadn't been just depressing for her but also very strange to feel.
But now they were sitting by the edge of the lake, not caring about the cold wind that blew past them. His arm was wrapped around her waist and she found her favourite place at his neck. Where it was warm and safe.
They both talked about their day. None of them had a good one, not even their friends. Despite the fact that all that mess ended well, they were still affected by it. And they hated it.
'Amber and Adam are cute, I have to admit,' Lorraine randomly added and the boy approved.
'Not as cute as us.'
The girl chuckled softly.
'No, not like us.'
She looked up at him and pressed her lips against his in a slow kiss. When they split up, they looked at each other as of they were coming back to their home after long years.
And maybe that's how it felt. After all that mess, they came back to each other.
To their home.
After a few moments a row of blood feel from Lorraine's nose. And like each time it did, Ed's heart skipped a bit.
'Lor, your nose is bleeding again.'
'Shit.'
With a finger she cleaned her skin and upper lip, while the boy searched for a tissue.
'You should rest, Lor. It's all to much, you've been under too much pressure. It's not healthy.'
'I'm fine, Ed.'
'No, you're not! And I hate seeing you in pain!'
Surprise laid over her face. None of them expected him to snap like that for such a little thing.
'I'm just worried about you, okay?' Ed continued softer. 'Because I love you so much.'
'I know. I love you too.'
She cleaned her bloody hands and looked back up at him. She gently touched his cheek and temple, moving a longer tress from his forehead.
'You should really get a cut, sweetie.'
He giggled.
'I'll be more careful, okay? I promise.'
He melted. Because she was standing there in front of him, looking more beautiful than ever despite the lack of make up or the dark clothes.
She was the best thing that happened to him.
And from that moment, he knew he was going to marry her one day. No matter what.

~Aaaaah, I can't believe I finished it. I really hope you liked it, cause writing it meant so much to me. I love them to the moon and back, I would literally kill for them. They would hate me for it, but let's not talk about it:))
Anyway, comment your opinion on this and I'm glad you showed such a support. It made me very happy.~