Chapter X

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian surely spent themselves out this time. They took a nap to recover and lost track of time. When both were awake, Xie Lian had an idea. "Could we premiere that ofurô of yours as well?"

"Gege, this way you'll make me think I'm irresistible", Hua Cheng hugged him close.

"Hehe, actually I gave you the wrong idea, San Lang. I need to rest, but I wanted to take a bath. Possibly together, that's all" Xie Lian explained.

"That's a pity, but Gege's wish is an order".

A short moment after, they were inside the tub and Xie Lian was playing with Hua Cheng's hair, making a lot of foam. Hua Cheng could feel his own soul melting and blending with the water from being touched. Xie Lian thought it really funny and started messing with his hair by doing all sorts of crazy hairstyles.

They fooled around at the Manor and at the Armory until the next day dawned. Xie Lian received a message telling him to visit the Heavenly Court in a hurry and they said goodbye with a promise of being for a short while.

The Ghost King had this glowy aura of happiness surrounding him, even the monsters in the Gambler's Den noticed it and spread the word that it was a good day to bet. Inside the Den, Hua Cheng sat in his boss chair and was conceding all the requests he was asked, if it did not involve injustice, but even if the person lost the bet.

In the meantime, while walking around the Heavenly Main Avenue, Xie Lian was feeling light and pleased too, even though he would blush everytime he remembered what they did last night.

Once in the Heavens, Feng Xin warned via private communication array he should go straight to the Court. The building was restored and was glistening and opulent as before. However, there was no Emperor to run it now, and Xie Lian sighed relieved for that.

He was not surprised to be summoned to the Heavenly Court, but once he entered the building and saw Pei Junior and Banyue as defendants, he became suspicious. Ling Wen was taking notes furiously at the side, probably not to her own will.

What was also surprising was that the gods had decided they would work as a democratic system. Selected civil and martial gods were sitting in a circle surrounding the two defendants and looked at him when he appeared. There was an open space in between Feng Xin and Mu Qing. Pei Ming was also there, along with Lang Qianqiu and Quan Yizhen.

Xie Lian entered and surrounded the circle formation, walking in front of Ling Wen. She informed, "Dianxia, you were summoned here as a character testimony. I assumed you know well at least one of them?"

"Long time, no see, Ling Wen. Actually, I know both from a long time ago. I'm sure they changed a great deal since then, so maybe I'm not the best person." Xie Lian replied, looking around him. Banyue saw him and waved happily, Pei Junior just nodded.

"That's true. But your vote may still affect the final decision today, so if Dianxia would like to take a seat, we'll soon start." Ling Wen continued to have black circles around her eyes, but now they were deeper than usual.

"Thank you, Ling Wen, but can I ask why are they on trial? I thought they were atoning, serving and paying fines for their crimes already."

"Ah, no one told Dianxia? They were and both still have debts to pay for. But now they want to get married and the Court thought it should be discussed openly."

Xie Lian thought it funny that it almost seemed like Ling Wen wanted to roll her eyes at that last part. He took a sit and the session began. Banyue was allowed to speak, Pei Junior as well. No one was really interested in General Pei Ming's cause of "inconsequent youth love". It was Lang Qianqiu that actually presented a decent suggestion. They agreed to let the happy couple get married, but they would have to purge and recover the destroyed oasis at Half-Moon Pass.