1

Mackenzie Grey
(Corpse on the books)

10:15 am
Friday morning on the Los Angeles police department Rampart,
14th November

A women around 50's stood on the entrance with a dull look, looking her inexpressive face, every single soul would know, she was on a great trouble, she clinch her bag; when a jeep took place in front of her, she puts back her phone in her bag.

Robert Whyte, a trustworthy police hurled from the patrol car.
'What a fine day in LA, hope something unexpected waiting for me.'  He gave a relaxing grin, "

"Mr. Whyte" He turn to saw Steve from his cabin,
'Morning Steve, man what's upto you?
'Sir, a women wants to have a talk with you ' Steve gazed over the women,
Whyte survey her appearance then nodded his head 'send her to my cabin, have she FIR anything?
"Rueful, not yet she's been waiting for you."
'Hmm.!'
He nodded his face, and went inside, where decades were singing good morning sir, one by one.

-*-*-*-*-
(At the same time)
Knock, knock
'A parcels for Antony Powell' Grey checked the name plate again,
A women took place, set her spectacle in order,
'Parcel in name of Antony Powell'
'Could you be kind and put the parcel inside the room, it's seem heavy, I'm afraid my weak body can't manage'
She took pen from Grey and signed it in name of Anna.
Grey to and fro with box one by one, "you have got pack of old books under  the box, I guess'
Anna eyes straight went to the box and she looked grey with a great unexpected looks,
'Oh yeah! My husband has got some strange passion of reading, some old books like him. " She laughed,
" Yeah! I can smell it, it has a strong aura of moist and burnt smell of old books'
Anna smiled; "you delivery mens sure got some eyes. "
Grey leaving there and went  couple lanes of building from the delivery truck,

Sunk on sweats, suddenly a man around 50's hitted grey packages, while doing his morning run.
"Sorry" Without lookin her  back he went on running along the streets.
She finally parks the truck near a cafe,  café du roi written in bold letters near entrance.
A lively area, reader digest book stall just in side. Grey smiles towards the old man, and walked in the cafe.
Jingle jingle,
the bell sang, tons of people were at there morning food and work, she climbed up the staircase, were was carved in bold letters,
"J'y sius, j's reste"

She tooks out her linen jacket, the door was welcoming Grey without a single soul in the living room,
Her eyes meets some dollars placed above the middle table, she relaxed herself in sofa, closing her eyes.
Just then;
'Tang!
Guess? something feel from kitchen, which destroyed Grey's sleep,

"You simpleton, what's wrong man?
A white skin with a honey dew hair, long enough, bringing some cookies, and tray of 2 cups,
'Here have some coffee, you must be starving."
She reached the table and took the cup, slowly sipped the tea.
Gabriel went to the kitchen door and picked up the broken glass,
'De mal en pis'
Simultaneously, Grey cleared her throat "so how the date went?
Gabriel gave her a glare then the notes in table,
" Grey just don't talk about that, nah! That all stupid lass wish to kick there ass, wasted all my dollars," In a painful voice.
"Great job!"  Grey laughing unstoppably " If you would have worked on your cafe more than running to & fro with those girls, you would have earned triple that you lost yesterday, and I'm very sure about it"
Showing her 3 pointy fingers,

-*-*-*-*-*-
Los Angeles
Police department rampart

"Could you be polite, to answer our question, " Whyte looked women in a very responsible state.
She bit her lips, "At your service.
" So, is the dead body still there? I guess some patrol mens are also working out there? "
"Yeah! As I saw it, I came running here, I could not trust anywhere, so I reported here."
Whyte nodded his head and gave some documents to Steve.
"Steve get the car ready and take some mens there, start investigation there I'll come after sometime."
He looked the women. " So Mrs, you told me that he was a regular customer there, any reason why he came there? "