Chapter 46: Class A vs Class B

Start from the beginning

"Wait sir, with Shinso and Amara there will be 42 people total." I heard someone from class B speak up.

"Yep. So Shinso and Amara will participate in 2 matches. Alternating classes as well to make it fair." Mr Vlad replied as he held up 2 fingers. "So there will be some matches with 5 against 5, rather than 4 against 4, you'll win when you capture 4 of your competitors." Mr Vlad explained.

"So, one match I'll be with class B?" I asked.

"Yep, seems fair to me." He said simply before brushing me aside and going forth to explain the training further. I lacked understanding of how exactly that was fair. Fair for who?

The teachers began to organise the groups and then they set Shinso's groups. I was set to fight in the 1st match with class B. People I have never really spoken to or seen before. All it seems I had to do was capture 4 people form the other team; aka class A.

"Because this isn't weird." I complained to my Dad.

"You'll be fine Amara."

The alarm tore through the air, making my ears throb. I stood with the class B group and I already felt the tension between us. The awkward tension, these people didn't know me and I didn't know them.

"So Amara. We don't have enough time to tell you our plan so try not to get into the way." The guy with light brown hair grumbled at me.

"We have heaps of time." I spat. I felt the people flinch around me before they huddled together and whispered amongst themselves. "Tch, you know I can hear you right?" I said in a monotone. I heard them gasp each shyly with their backs turned to me.

"You're from class A so we don't trust you. You'll give away our tactical secrets." Tsuburaba said as he pointed a rude finger at me.

"Uh huh." I replied in a dead voice. Hearing them speak was losing me brain cells. The alarm with Mr Vlad's voice screeched through the air. The class B members snapped into action. Shisida and Tsuburaba ran ahead, leaving me with the Vine girl Shiozaki and the other guy who I believed his name to be Rin.

"Don't get in our way Amara, you'll sabotage us so your class wins." Rin spat at me, I rolled my dark eyes at him but listened.

Boredom got the best of me, I found myself playing with my ice quirk. I practiced making perfect orbs of ice and tried juggling them within my tense arms. It wasn't long until Shisida came back alone.

"They took Tsuburaba" He said hoarsely. "Oh well now we know about Shinso's voice changer. So if we grab him and Asui and ignore Kaminari, then there's no way we can lose." He continued.

"Sounds about right. There's no way we lost Tsuburaba so easily though." Rin said as he held a finger to his chin. I felt my ears twitch at the sound of movement coming from varying angles, I was about to say something until Shisida beat me too it.

"This will sound strange, but I can smell 3 Asui's coming towards us."

"3 frogs? If that's their strategy they must be trying to throw off your sense of smell." Rin deduced.

"If that's so I must chastise them" Shiozaki said as she sent her vines out in a slow flurry in any and every direction. They reminded me of snakes.

"Hey Amara. Do you know anything about Asui being able to multiply?" Rin asked me.

"Oh, you want my help now?" I reiterated.

"Ugh, don't worry about it." He said dispirited and went back to focusing on the task at hand. I heard the vines crunch before they dragged someone along the surface of the concrete.