Reunion

It was a small little change. Not a change in the timeline; no, no. A change in the new routine that was set up. The bureaucrat was rather surprised that Loki was more than willing to help with the investigation and the hunting of the other Loki variant. But, Mobius was sure that Loki did it after the fact that he had to watch his entire life unfold before his very eyes, and that he can't go back home.

While being on the topic, Mobius had a strong hunch that he found the trigger, that set off Loki's emotional state, was that entire footage. It was shortly after their first mission that Loki was the one who made the move first on Mobi; asking him if he was seeing anyone and if he was interested. Mobius, seeing that Loki had no real threat against him (at the moment) and, while they both knew they couldn't trust each other, they ended up trusting each other, with their hearts and bodies (to a degree; Loki was still hesitant about Mobius marking his neck especially after seeing his death at the hands of Thanos. Mobius couldn't really blame him for that).

It was only after their first passionate night together in the same bed, Mobius had first heard the tears of the trickster. He remembers seeing Loki shiver in fear and pain; the shimmering azure light of the Tesseract that rested on Loki's night stand, that worked as a nightlight, revealed the tears streaming down his face. Mobius felt remorse, and pain that he, as Loki's partner and lover, couldn't do anything to numb, or distract, this pain.

Even when Mobi had to shake Loki awake, Loki dropped it entirely and hit the pillow before Mobius could ask about the nightmare. But Mobi didn't want to leave Loki as heartbroken as he is now.

And, it happened again this very night; Loki was sobbing in his sleep and it woke the agent into action.

"Lokes, sweet heart." Mobi begs quietly, shaking the trickster. "Wake up, it's okay."

Loki gasped awake and Mobius was quick to turn on the light on his nightstand. Once he turned around, he was surprised to see Loki with blue skin and eyes as fiery as the Aether itself. He'd seen that part of the tape of when Loki found out about his heritage, and it was surreal to see the real thing only once, but Loki was surprised when Mobius had caressed the side of his face, ignoring the cold. He noticed the temperature dropped once again , but that didn't matter to Mobius; Loki is his top priority.

"Sweet heart? You wanna talk about it?" Mobius asks, gently brushing the tears away.

Loki sighed, raking a hand through his black hair. "What good would talking do, Mobi?" Loki's voice was rough, raw. "I've told you what you already know: I... I can't go home..."

Mobi remains quiet, allowing Loki to speak his thoughts, as he wraps the trickster in his arms under the covers.

"I... I miss them... I want to go home..." He admits with a whine.

Over the time of their relationship (with or without intimacy), Mobius learned what home meant to Loki: his mother, his brother, and his three sons.

"What will be the first thing you do if you do go back?" Mobius asks.

"Apologize, for everything." Loki said, snuggling closer. "To see them alive again..."

Mobius hummed in an understanding way, resting his chin on Loki's head. There was one thing that Mobius didn't tell Loki, and that was the fate of his brother. Thor lived, but Loki didn't know that. Loki wouldn't believe him, and if Mobius showed him the proof; he was afraid that Loki would seek every opportunity he can to escape. He understood Loki's desire to be free, but he didn't know what Loki would do if let loose. And, if he was gonna be honest, he was more than positive that the charlatan would be appalled by Thor's gained weight during the five year period after the failure to stop Thanos.