F i f t e e n - E h e ~

Note: I'm having a writer's block, along with discovering Ao3. Also it's been over a month since I last updated I'm sorry!

TW: (shoulda mentioned this earlier) Blood.
Chapter Fifteen: Introducing XiaoVen

Recap: Kaeya stood there, bewildered. There was nothing that Dainsleif said about him that was false. Does he really want the best of Teyvat? Questions swirled around in his head, none of them even close to getting answered. He always thought that he was loyal to Mondstat, but now facing this decision, Kaeya felt lost. He was torn, not knowing what to do. All the insecurities, all of the problems he never faced and merely pushed away, suddenly crashed down upon him. A sense of hopelessness began to overwhelm him, and he just couldn't block out the voice telling him that was was an awful person.

Dainsleif clicked his tongue impatiently, awaiting Kaeya's answer. As he tore himself away from his dark thoughts, Kaeya looked at Dainsleif in the eyes and spoke. "Ehe~"

Kaeya answered Dainsleif's proposal, but the sound was lost over the howling winds. Surprisingly, a voice rang out, clear as day. "Ehe~"

As the wind howled above him, Kaeya stepped back. Dainsleif lifted a hand above him, trying see the newcomer. A young cheerful looking teen landed between them. Vaguely, Kaeya thought he looked somewhat familiar.

Dressed with a beautiful green cape with a matching beret looking hat, his two braids dangled next to his face, the ends glowing green. With big azure eyes, the stranger giggled joyfully, as if he didn't notice the extremely annoyed blonde glaring at him.

Kaeya paused, searching his mind for any information on the boy. Nothing.

"Hello, Captain Kaeya of the Knights of Favonius!"

His voice was gleeful and enthusiastic, and almost like a melody. It was pure and clear, every word sounded like it came from a song.

"Your favorite bard, Venti is here!"

It finally clicked. Venti was the guy Kaeya met not so long ago, at the tavern. If he remembered correctly, he had been challenged to a drinking contest with the underage boy, who insisted he wasn't as young as he looked.

What was he doing here, of all places?

A strum of an instrument caught his attention. The so-called bard had pulled out a lyre and and playing one of the more traditional songs of Mondtstat. One by one, the notes and chords created a harmonious tune; one that Kaeya recognized. Along with the lullaby, the wind started to pick up as well. Stronger and stronger, they howled, lead on by the boy playing his song. Along with that, Kaeya could've sworn he saw a second person jump down.

Xingqiu and Chongyun hurried over, both of them tear-streaked. Kaeya decided not to ask about what had happened, although he secretly wondered if they kissed. Chongyun and Xingqiu would be a cute couple, no?

The two young boys glanced at Venti, who was happily strumming his instrument, and gave a bewildered look at Kaeya. A grunt came from Kaeya's left, and to his surprise, he found the grumpy adeptus, Xiao. Behind Xiao, trailed the Eleventh Fatui Harbinger, Childe.

Xingqiu yelped, a strangled sound of both horror and disbelief. There, in Childe's arms, was the limp form of Albedo. His skin was pale, contrasting the dark maroon splotches of blood all over his body. Childe himself looked somewhat fine. His Harbinger oufit was dirtied and ripped, along looking as if someone and painted an abstract artwork with blood.

"The alchemist's pulse is slowing down." Everyone turned at the new voice. Kaeya instantly recognized him as Zhongli, the wise consultant of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlour. Childe beamed, glad that Rex Lapis finally arrived. Albedo was set down on the ground while Xingqiu fussed over him, healing the best he could.

Kaeya's attention was focused on the entrance of the cavern, where a Diluc walked in, taking note of the mess. As icy blue eyes met with the burgundy pair of eyes, Kaeya narrowed his eyes, wondering how Diluc had found him. Surely it wasn't Zhongli that brought Diluc here, right? Speaking of which, why was there so many people here?

Xingqiu was healing Albedo to Kaeya's left, along with Chongyun, Venti, and Xiao. Tartaglia, who had originally been watching over Albedo, is now at Zhongli's side, talking about Liyue. Kaeya found himself standing next to Diluc, both of them quietly watching as Xingqiu used his vision on Albedo.

It was honestly a huge mess, starting from when the Fatui ambushed them, to Kaeya having a conversation with the Abyss Herald, to finding Albedo nearly dead. Distracted, the Cavalry Captain failed to notice when he got dragged away by the drunkard, too busy thinking about Diluc- wait no, not Diluc. Too busy thinking about the words that the Herald had said to him. 

The people of Mondtstat don't care about you, The one person that you trusted kicked you out and tried to kill you. Think, Kaeya Alberich, is that really you want to live with for the rest of your life? To always be the second choice, to forever be hiding who you truly are?

A primogem is something that enhanced the nation of Khaenri'ah, both its understanding of Teyvat and their abilities. Snatched from Celestia, as the legends say. 

You have a primogem in your possesion, and we need your cooperation to help us. To bring back the our nation, and to win the war against humanity.

The primogem is a curious object. It silently judges the person that has it, and if deemed unworthy, will fade into a single Mora. Otherwise, they attatch themselves to that person, a forever bond to remain loyal forever.

Teyvat is welcoming nor accepting, but helping the Princess will bring promised rewards.

Oh yea also I got Kazuha a couple minutes after his banner came out. Just wanted to flex on yall.