N i n e - Z h o n g l i

Did ya'll notice what I did with the chapter pics? Tbh ZhongChi is so cute

Chapter Nine: Morax

Taking Kaeya to a tea shop, Zhongli spoke calmly and quietly. As expected, the man was indeed the Geo Archon, though much less intense then what Kaeya had expected of the former God of War and Chaos.

The two spoke for an hour or so, Zhongli constantly calm and relaxed, contrasting Kaeya's forced kindness. The Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius was getting impatient, wanting to get to the bottom of whatever Morax wanted to talk to him about.

Currently, the man was busy talking about the past of Liyue, something about adepti and war. Kaeya was uninterested.

Cutting Zhongli off, he demanded what the Geo Archon wanted with him. Rex Lapis paused, as if surprised that he had been asked such a question, stood up and explained.

"The world revolves around the seven archons, and they are all well known in Teyvat. However, Khaenri'ah is different. Truth be told, I mustn't say much, so, remember these words, 'if one shall forget, forgotten they shall become.' "

Dumbfounded, Kaeya stood where he wasas he just saw a person vanish in front of him. "Wait!" He called out in a weak attempt to comprehend what was going on.

Shutting his eyes and groaning, thinking, was that all for nothing? What did the man even mean?

Its whatever, Kaeya thought, decidedly standing up and heading out of Liyue Harbor. The journey back would take several days, but the Cryo Vision user was certain that he'd every second of those days to sort his head out.

'If one shall forget, they shall become forgotten'. The obvious answer is that he will be forgotten if he forgets, but was that all there was to it? What should he remember? Questions filled Kaeya's head, each one more confusing than the last.

Speeding up his pace, Kaeya forced his mind to think about something else, that being Diluc. No. I will not think about Diluc. Flaming red hair with a Vision that matched him perfectly, the man was a prodigy, ever since he was a child.

Heading towards Wangshu Inn by now, Kaeya thought about all the things he never let himself think before. His birthplace, that night, Master Crepus, and him.

Lost in his own thoughts, it was well past dark when Wangshu Inn finally stood in front of him. As Kaeya walked in, feeling more tired than ever, someone put a hand out to stop him. His unreliably tired body nearly fell back from the sudden unbalance, but luckily, the Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius was quick to catch himself.

The first thing he noticed was blue and purple. Then black. Gasping, he cursed himself for being unable to protect his own skin. As his consciousness starts to fade away from the  hard blow just just received, a sharp female voice was speaking. "Just as I thought. It appears that once again, my predictions were right."

Unbeknownst to Kaeya, someone had been watching and analyzing him for the past couple of days. "First he comes to Liyue and speaks with a well-respected man, and then he goes back to Mondstat." They chuckled. "How strange. It appears that my source is indeed correct after all."

"Cut that out, your being dramatic"

"Oh sorry! I just thought it was funny, plus I have every right to be suspicious of him, so is it wrong to keep tabs on people?"

"Yes. Shouldn't you being studying or whatever?"

"Hey! Shhhhh"

A/N: I have wanted to finish the chapter for so long and I finally did it! I was listening to "The Way You Felt" by Alex Benjamin and I love it!!

Also, I love the new Serenitea Pot thing! I've made so many improvements, along with a Xingqiu-themed room. (Yes I'm a simp for Xingqiu) But anyways hate to self-promote but if you read this and liked the chapter, either comment or vote this because I kind of wanna know how many people actually enjoy this.

And if you didn't please tell me what I did wrong and I'll try my best to fix it. Anyways ty for reading see ya next week!