F o u r - J o u r n e y

Chapter Four: Even Stranger

A series of different emotions rippled through Kaeya, first shock, then guilt, next anger, and finally confusion. The object was strange, as if doesn't belong in Teyvat.

To anyone else, it just would've seemed odd. A shining star-shaped jewel and seemed to shine like the many stars during a misty night. It had four points, similar to a diamond, but curved in. If people paid close enough attention, they would've seen it shine a bit brighter everytime the gem was held close to a vision of any sort.

Kaeya knew instinctively what it was. One of the fallen stars of Teyvat.

The real question was, how did Diluc get his hands on a primogem? Khaenri'ah, though small, used the pieces of primogems that they could find to help their civilization grow and thrive.

For as long as Kaeya remembered, nothing resembled a primogem whatsoever in Mondstat. Except...

Hurriedly walking towards his destination, Kaeya evaded any kind of contact, determined to get to the bottom of this. Fit in with the crowd, he reminded himself. This was one of the rules that Kaeya learnt growing up.

There! The grey stone of the crafting table (thats what its called, right?) with the strange glowing runes.

Upon seeing simply a mere citizen interested in alchemy, Albedo was nowhere to be seen. The blue haired man racked his brain. Where could he find information without attracting too much suspicion?

The first and most obvious thought was Angel's Share, but that wouldn't work. Not in this situation.

While Jean is knowledgeable, the Calvary Captain of the Knights of Favonius was certain that she would demand something in return, such as what he was doing.

Diluc was out question; certainly he would utter a word about anything.

Sighing, Kaeya approached the alchemist. "Sir Kaeya!" Timaus exclaimed, motioning his hands towards the crafting table. "Are you also interested in alchemy?" The Cryo Vision user politely shook his head. "I'm afraid not, alchemist, I simply wish to find Albedo."

"Albedo huh? Let's see... Ah! Last time I heard from him he was by Dragonspine, conducting research on the frigid cold"

"You have my thanks, I must go now, alchemist."

Kaeya hurriedly prepared for his trip to the icy mountain. Surely he didn't need much, right?

Wrong.

Upon getting halfway up the mountain, the man wished he had been given a Pyro Vision instead of the stupid cold Cryo Vision he currently has.

Kaeya continued on, ignoring the sheer cold that was devouring him.

• • •

Busy with his research, Albedo didn't notice the knight until he stumbled into his camp and lab and fell unconscious.

Rushing towards the strange man, Albedo checked for his pulse. Good. His pulse is normal. He then proceeded to drag the stranger to the fire.

The stranger was familiar, though he wasn't sure how. Perhaps it was the way he dressed, looking out of place in the city. Albedo isn't sure why, but he knows he has to get to the bottom of this and figure out the stranger. His master was always on his mind, but nothing like the knight had ever brought back memories of when he was younger.

Who is this man?

________________________________

I've been a little busy this week, which is why I haven't posted in a while. I do try and make the chapters as long as possible, though that isn't very much. Thank you for reading, and while you're at it, voting this story will motivate me more to try my best! Also that photo of the two is literally so adorable!!