Risk It All (Levi x Reader)

Start from the beginning

Pretend it's Levi.

The thought came to you out of nowhere. Perhaps it was a survival mechanism, a way for your mind to dull the trauma that your body couldn't escape. Perhaps it was because Levi was the only man you would trust to get close to you, the only one who you were certain would be respectful in any circumstance. You felt guilty thinking about your friend in that way, but you didn't know what else to do.

You released a breath. Then...

It's Levi, you told yourself. Levi's hands. Levi's voice.

Perhaps you should've felt worse about the way your body melted into the merchant's touch. And rather than disgust coiling in your gut, you started to sense warmth, snaking its way up from somewhere below. Your eyelids fluttered, and you made sure to keep looking toward the ceiling, or the wall – anywhere but the merchant's face. If you didn't look, you could pretend...

"Such a good girl," he cooed. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

Levi's voice. Levi's.

"Yes," you sighed.

He chuckled, satisfied and hungry at the same time. "I thought so."

Soon enough, your eyelids closed of their own accord. Heat bloomed everywhere he touched, while butterflies stroked your insides with their wings. Your body pressed close to him on instinct, fingers threading through his hair, through that silky black undercut...

Levi. This was Levi.

His hands were all over you, groping every one of your soft curves like he owned them. And you didn't mind, because it felt good – in a way you had never experienced before. You sensed his fingers on the bare skin beside your knee, sliding up, and up, under your dress...

The merchant seemed amused by your body's responsiveness. "Looks like someone's excited," he purred. "How about we find a room upstairs?"

You froze. God, you had been hoping it wouldn't come to this. Worse – you were fully aware of the merchant now, fully aware that it was his greasy hands on your body. His dreadful observation had left you too stunned to keep pretending, because...that would mean you were enjoying this...that you liked having this sleazy man all over you.

Or...that you had used thoughts of your friend for your own pleasure.

Shame filled you, nearly making you sick to your stomach. You weren't the pure, innocent maiden that you had claimed to be. In fact, you were just as depraved as the rest of them, and a fraud to boot. Maybe you were right for this mission, after all. Maybe you deserved it...

You gasped when the merchant's fingers squeezed your thigh, nails digging into your soft flesh. Apparently, he was getting impatient. "Well?" he prodded, insistence layered beneath his attempt at a seductive tone.

You nodded, trying to cover up your hesitation. "Lead the way," you breathed, too terrified to speak any louder than that.

------------------------------------------

"You're abnormally quiet, Four-eyes," Levi observed flatly. "What's the matter? You need to take a dump or something?"

Hanji merely frowned before stating tersely, "I'm getting a drink." She stood and walked to the bar, her demeanor clearly conveying anger – but at what, Levi didn't know. He'd been kept in the dark about this whole affair.

Thus, Levi turned his attention to the blonde sitting across from him. "Are you ever going to tell me why we're here?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning back in the booth, leaving his glass of whiskey untouched. His eyes peered out from behind a black half mask to stare expressionlessly at his commander.