12⋅Purifying flame

Start from the beginning

"Don't you think I'm perfect?" He looks at me from under his lashes, fingertips grazing my jaw.

"I'm sure of it."

The day passed by quite fast and all of us managed to get a lot of things – I got myself new clothes and sacrificed one of my shirts for a pack of markers for Poison since he wanted it, but didn't really have enough carbons nor wanted to give up on what he already had. I ended up noticing during the past few days that Poison isn't the best artist himself, but enjoys drawing quite a lot, mainly when Ghoul himself is doing it, so he joins him.

"What do you have there?" I ask Ghoul with a soft smile, noticing him hugging something to his chest whilst we wait for Kobra to join us.

Ghoul cracks an excited grin like he'd been expecting that question the whole time. "A camera!" he says proudly, holding the object up. It's not of any particular model I can name, but doesn't seem like a simple camera and has the letters c n n in white on it, faded and with spaces between them that makes me believe more letters composed the name of the brand. The strap is stripped all over, each stripe having a different, vibrant color and all of it is pretty much Ghoul.

"That's nice," I say with a smile, loving how excited he seems. "Do you already have in mind what you're going to do with it? Make a photoshoot or maybe record something?" Poison leans into my side and I wrap an arm around him, keeping my attention on Ghoul.

No response comes at first as Ghoul stares at the camera with furrowed eyebrows and then, at last, shrugs. "No idea, but I'll work something out. I'll let you know about it when I decide."

Nodding, I hum and am about to make a comment when Kobra is finally approaching us with a sigh and a few bags in hands. "Ready to go."

We're soon back to the diner and, while Ghoul stays back in the gas station area fidgeting with his camera, the others and I go to our rooms to leave our things there. I can't help but to feel a bit anxious the moment Poison and I walk into our room and I close the door behind us.

"Y'know," I mutter, fishing the markers from the inside pocket of my jacket and handing it out to him. "I don't really want these, do you want them?" I raise an eyebrow at him, smiling subtly.

"(K/n)," he sighs, "you could've just ex–" Poison interrupts himself the moment he turns around and notices the markers, eyes darting between them and me a few times. "Wait... (K/n), you didn't need to," he says shyly as walking closer, but never reaches for the markers, even after I push them lightly towards him. He furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head, hugging himself.

"C'mon, you're so good to me, let me be nice to you at least once," I sigh as I wrap an arm around him to pull him close, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "It looked like you really wanted these. Take it, baby. And don't you dare exchange it for something else."

Poison groans, hugging me and burying his face in the crook of my neck. "You're not supposed to return the favor."

"Okay, so that's not me returning a favor, that's me being nice to you because I like you."

Another groan comes from Poison, along with a huff. "Okay," he says softly, in defeat.

"Color us some nice things, hm?" I suggest with a smile, not caring about how childish it sounds or anything because I really just want him happy. "Or color my tattoos, I know you enjoy doing it."

"Yeah," he mutters softly, relaxing more against me. "Thank you." He pulls away, lips meeting mine briefly.

"Don't worry about it," I say softly, each word coming out between a kiss that's pressed to his lips. It makes me internally melt how he seems so flustered with it, barely able to hold eye contact with me.