Chapter 6

Snowpaw's POV (Rarity)

Twilight and I had been found by a RiverClan apprentice after having arrived on their territory to escape the fox. The young she-cat had said her name was Bluepaw, and she took us to the Clan. The RiverClan leader, Whitestar, had been very compassionate when Twilight explained the situation that landed us here, and though he didn't understand much of what she told him about magic, he allowed us to join RiverClan for the time being, until we found a way to return to our world.

We had proper Clan names now, I was called Snowpaw, and Twilight was Duskpaw. We also had mentors in the Clan, Whitestar had decided to have Duskpaw as his own apprentice, while he gave me to Petalheart, a cream coloured tabby she-cat with a dark ginger tail and two different coloured eyes, one blue and one green.

Now dawn was approaching, and Duskpaw was talking quietly with Bluepaw, trying not to wake the other apprentices. I didn't pay their conversation much attention, as I was too busy with my own thoughts. I wondered how Sweetie Belle was doing, and whether my shops in Equestria were still running despite my absence. I thought about many things in Equestria, and I only broke out of those thoughts when I heard the other apprentices stirring at last. Murmurs of excitement began to echo through the den, as they began talking about the Gathering, which was to occur that coming night.

"What's the Gathering?" I asked Bluepaw. She'd told us a lot about the Clans the previous day, but it seemed she'd forgot to mention this.

"Oh right!" Bluepaw meowed, her whiskers twitching. "The Gathering is a special meeting where cats from all four Clans gather under a truce that lasts the whole night. It happens during every full moon, and is right between every territory, on an island in the middle of the lake. There's a fallen tree leading to it just on the edge of our territory, but of course, as it is a truce, the Clans are allowed to cross each other's territories to get to it."

"Have you been to a Gathering before?" Duskpaw asked her.

Bluepaw shook her head. "I joined the Clan not long before you two. So if I get to go, this will be my first one. I'm super excited!"

The three of us padded out of the den to see Petalheart and Bluepaw's mentor, Sparkshadow, waiting for us. "We're going to explore the territory today," Sparkshadow told us, "Now I know you, Bluepaw, already know the territory well by now, but I hope you don't mind some review to get these two up to speed."

"No, I don't mind," Bluepaw replied, "It gives me an excuse to chat with them more, and besides.." She paused, her gaze shifting to the two of us. "something tells me they're not quite ready for hunting yet."

Sparkshadow and Petalheart nodded. They led us out of camp, and soon we headed toward the WindClan border. As we approached the border, a fresh breeze brushed past, and soon I saw three cats on the WindClan side, two apprentices and one of their mentors from what I could tell.

The pale ginger she-cat saw us and nudged the other apprentice, a blue-gray she-cat, and they both turned to us and bounded toward the border. As they came closer, I was able to see them in more detail, and Duskpaw and I both gasped as we realized who they were.

"Fluttershy! Rainbow Dash!" Duskpaw raced toward the border, eager to see the two she-cats. I followed closely behind the dark blue-gray tabby, and Rainbow looked at the third cat behind her.

"Squirreltuft, could you leave Softpaw and I alone with our friends?" The ginger she-cat hesitated, and I knew she was unsure of whether to trust us. Duskpaw looked at Petalheart, Sparkshadow, and Bluepaw and asked them the same thing, realizing the seriousness in Rainbow's voice. Reluctantly, the four cats padded away, leaving us to talk in private.

Fluttershy, or Softpaw, looked us straight in the eyes, and at once I knew whatever she was about to say was going to be important.