Chapter 2

Trixie's POV

I blinked open my eyes, seeing not the bright crystal wall's of Twilight's former castle(which Starlight was now the owner of), but instead, a series of trees of every size and shape. A forest of some kind. At first I thought of the Everfree Forest, which was a dark and dangerous place for ponies, but as my vision became clearer, I saw that this forest seemed a bit safer, friendlier even.

The sound of the other ponies beginning to wake up caused me to look in their direction. But instead of my friends, I saw seven groggy cats in their place. The one closest to me, a very light silver she-cat with a blue-gray tail, chest, and paws, looked at me and I saw her deep blue eyes widen.

"Trixie! Trixie, is that you?!" The she-cat exclaimed with a voice I recognized as Rarity's. I nodded looking around, and eventually recognizing each cat as one of my friends. 

The dark blue-gray tabby with dark blue eyes, not far from me and Rarity, was Twilight, the silver she-cat with darker stripes along her legs and blue eyes was Starlight, the cream coloured one with ginger markings and cyan eyes was Fluttershy, the blue-gray one with amber eyes and a nearly white tail and muzzle was Rainbow, the golden-brown she-cat that kinda looks cinnamon coloured to be honest was Applejack, and the really fluffy ginger one with darker swirls all over was Pinkie.

"What.. happened?" I asked, turning back to Rarity, "Why is everypony a cat?" Rarity glanced toward the others, and then back to me.

"We're not the only ones... I think you should take a good look at yourself, darling."

I expected to see my sky blue hooves as I looked downward, but instead I found a set of blue-gray forelegs that ended as very dark paws. My gaze shifted to my hind legs, which had a pair of lighter paws at the ends. My tail was very slim, and had two light stripes, one of them being the tip. 

"O...kay then.." I meowed, very confused, "I'll rephrase my question- Why are we-" My words were cut off by the rustling of some bushes not too far from where Fluttershy was standing. The eight of us slowly stepped closer together, ready to attack if whatever, or whoever was lurking there showed any sign of doing the same. 

Suddenly, the rustling stopped, and a large fox leapt out, pouncing on Fluttershy with its claws unsheathed. The pale she-cat covered her face with her paws, her fur fluffed out in fear. An idea popped into my head, knowing Fluttershy could communicate with animals, but I hesitated. This wasn't Equestria, and things like that may not work here. Still, I decided it was worth a try, and stepped forward.

"Fluttershy, try reasoning with it," I called to her, raising my voice over the fox's loud snarling and barking, "It might listen to you!"

Fluttershy shook her head. "It won't work! I can't understand anything it's saying!"

At once, Rainbow Dash leapt into action, jumping up onto the fox. She dug her front claws into its back and shoulder, and using her hind legs to swipe at the long dark leg that held Fluttershy down. The fox tried to snap at Rainbow's leg, but she managed to move it out of the way in time. Unfortunately, this caused her to lose her grip on its shoulder, and before she had a chance to latch on again, the fox was able to sink its teeth into the foreleg.

I jumped forward, preparing to launch myself at the fox and free Rainbow and Fluttershy, but just as I'd crouched down, another cat, a dark ginger tortoiseshell she-cat with amber eyes, leapt at it from the side, effectively knocking it over and freeing the two she-cats.