Shigaraki's Route - Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

"I have to agree with her..." Ochako spoke quietly. "I think it's possible that Takahashi isn't as bad as the rest of them, but I can't just forgive them. Todoroki wasn't the only innocent person who they killed. He probably won't be the last either. Even if they are suffering too, they need to face what they did. What if...they kill another one of us?"

Melissa nodded as she wiped her eyes. "Deku...you're really kind for trying to be understanding. I'm unsure too though."

"Getting soft like that will kill us." Katsuki spoke in a low and husky voice. He had his back turned on everyone.

"I don't think she would have wanted everyone to die!" Izuku exclaimed. "All Might even said-"

"He can't always be right." Momo argued. "Look what happened!"

"All Might has good intentions, but he's still human." Ochako's eyes were fixed on Katsuki. She rubbed his back as a way to comfort both him and herself. "We can't risk good people being in danger because we want to help someone who is working with the villains. I still don't think that we should get involved without permission from our teachers, but it's something to consider. I don't want the people close to me to get hurt for the sake of a stranger."

Izuku fell silent. Everyone was clearly shaken up from this.

"We shouldn't go into this with our minds clouded. I know it hurts." Izuku finally said. "But I don't want to kill anyone."

"They deserve to all die or none of this will end." Katsuki was unmoving. Even Ochako's touch couldn't do away the sorrows.

"The problem will never go away as long as villains are around." Momo agreed while sniffling. "We need to get rid of them. I will ask a proposal to be able to fight alongside the heroes. I don't want Shoto's death to be in vain."

...

The room was dark and quiet. The sound of body movements were made in a creaky bed. Satoko was dreaming after she cried herself to sleep.

It was a wonderful dream. A life she would have had with Dabi.

They went through trials where he was in jail. But as soon as he got out, he kissed her. They were together.

They had a nice home and family therapy. The smiling looks of family members. Ones she also haven't met had blurred faces.

There were children.

Six of them in total.

An end to hero corruption, help towards villains and poor people. Never thought she would live her life happily like that.

Shadows started covering her vision. There, stood Dabi in the darkness.

For some reason, he had white hair.

'I'm sorry, doll.'

His eyes looked so sad. Satoko tried to reach out and yell towards him.

And then she realized that she woke up with her hand extended towards the ceiling. The room quickly came into focus with faint light peeking through the windows.

She felt hot teardrops drip down towards her ears as she was laying.

It was cruel.

(Why can't I be you?) She cursed the Satoko in her memories. Sure, it was just a dream. It felt so real and out of reach.

The grief was too much. It was overwhelming her. If Dabi was still alive, they would comfort and heal from their traumas.

Satoko was the only person Dabi could relate to. Vice versa.