A bound-to-happen talk

DISCLAIMER! I DO NOT OWN ALL OF THESE CHARACTERS! ALL RIGHTS TO THESE CHARACTERS GO TO THEIR RESPECTIVE ORIGINAL CREATORS! I ONLY OWN THE STORY AND OC'S! ENJOY!!

         Peter didn't even have time to think after waking into the Midoriya's apartment, as Kelly ran up and jumped into his arms, nearly knocking him over. The young girl cried in his arms as he held her.

         "Hey, it's alright sweetheart... I'm right here..." Peter stroked Kelly's hair gently as he held her.

         "I... *sniffs* I was scawed you woubent come back..." Ochako walked up with a smile.

         "She really missed you..." Peter smiled as Izuku walked.

         Izuku placed a hand on Peter's shoulder. "Are we gonna talk about this or not?" Peter looked down, only to be faced with his young daughter.

         "What he mean daddy?" Peter sighed as he walked towards the couch, his daughter on his hip the whole time.

         Upon sitting down, he looked up to be faced with the entire Midoriya family, minus Inko obviously, in tow behind him, taking their respective seats on the couch as well.

         There was a brief silence, with no one really knowing what to say. Finally though, Kelly, being the three year old she is, broke the silence.

         "Daddy?" Peter sighed and kissed his daughter on the forehead gently.

         "If what i just got told by vulture is right, then Doc Ock got captured intentionally so that they could spread my identity throughout the RAFT. Meaning that any criminal that gets out is going to attack me personally rather then try to get to Spider-Man, they'll try to get to Peter Parker." Eri looked up at her uncle.

         "Does that mean that they might attack us and Kelly?" Peter nodded his head slowly as Kelly clung to his chest.

         "I'm scawed daddy... is somebubby gunna huwt us?" Peter put on a comforting smile as he looked at his daughter, pulling her into a hug.

         "No Kelly, they aren't gonna hurt us..." Peter didn't want to lie, but he could only say this brutally honestly. "They're going to try to hurt me by hurting you, but if they even think about hurting you, come hell or high water I will keep you safe. No one is gonna hurt you Kelly, not if I have anything to say about it." Kelly's next words broke his heart.

         "But... I down't want you to get huwt eiber daddy..." Peter pulled Kelly into a hug, holding her close to his heart as she began to sob.

         There wasn't anything that Peter or anyone else could say to the young girl that would help her understand that he didn't care if he got hurt or even killed, so long as Kelly and his aunt were safe. After all, how do you tell a three year old who's already lost her family once, that she might have to lose it again, and then convince her that it's not a bad thing. Put simply, you can't. It just doesn't work.

         "Kelly, you mean the whole world to me sweetheart, I refuse to let anything happen to you." He moved her away from his chest gently and smiled at the young girl. "Besides, I can't spend time with you if I'm gone, so there's no way I would let that happen either."

         Peter kissed his daughter on the forehead, pulling her back into another hug. He refused to let anything tear them apart, and would do everything within his power to keep that from happening. What truly worried him though, was the things that were out of his control.

• • •

         Peter tucked Kelly into her bed gently, placing a soft kiss on her sleeping forehead before quietly exiting the room and leaving the door cracked open.