A Gypsies Performance

Start from the beginning

"This is wicked," Kid Flash states with a grin as he sees several men go by on stilts. 

Barry Allen makes to go forward excitedly, "we should go check it out!" Upon noticing the raised eyebrows of his companions, he quickly amends, "I mean, we don't want to stand out by not joining the festivities, so we should integrate with the crowd. This might even give us a chance to get closer to that creepy judge guy."

The group, surprised by the good reasoning, goes silent. Arthur Curry looks contemplative for a moment, before agreeing with Barry, surprising the others. "It's a good idea. This way, we don't stand out, and we can get a better feel for the atmosphere of the general population. Who knows, we may even run into our little gypsy friend." He sends a subtle suggesting smirk to Kaldur, who blushes heavily before turning away. 

At the mention of the gypsy boy, both Robin and Aqualad begin to look more eager, and head in the direction of the festivities. The others share amused looks and follow behind as the group make their way into the crowd.

:28

Come one, come all
Leave your looms and milking stools
Coop the hens and pen the mules

Come one, come all
Close the churches and the schools
It's the day for breaking rules
Come and join the 'Feast Of Fools'

The heroes all look around in interest at the activities taking place around them. Clopin, the man from the theatre from earlier, is singing the main song as people nearby dance as well to the music. That's when the group notices a man dressed in a robe walking up to sit on the throne in the covered tent, with the soldier from earlier in the golden armor riding his horse up next to him. The citizens nearby the man seated on the throne seem to bow in respect, but that respect is obviously fake due to the mutterings circling around when the soldiers aren't looking. Bruce Wayne speaks up, "that must be Judge Claude Frollo." Robin looks at the man with disdain out of the corner of his eye. The other young heroes seem slightly put off as well by the man's presence. 

"Is it normal for a judge to sit on a throne?" Superboy asks, though, he seems to already know the answer. Kid Flash answers anyway, "no, it's not." 

The heroes continue around, not wanting to stay in one place too long, and watch the festivities. 

Once a year we throw a party here in town
Once a year we turn all Paris upside down
Every man's a king and every king's a clown
Once again it's Topsy Turvy Day

It's the day the Devil in us gets released
It's the day we mock the pig and shock that priest
Everything is topsy turvy at the Feast of Fools

Topsy Turvy
Everything is upsy-daisy
Topsy Turvy
Everyone is acting crazy

Dross is gold and Weeds are our bouquet
That's the way on Topsy Turvy Day

Topsy Turvy
Beat the drums and blow the trumpets
Topsy Turvy
Join the bums and thieves and strumpets
Streaming in from Chartres to Calais

Scurvy knaves are extra scurvy
On the 6th of January
All because it's Topsy Turvy Day

The heroes are exploring during this song, meanwhile, with Esmeralda...

Esmeralda's POV (during the song above)

I'm getting changed into my performance attire in my tent when Quasimodo stumbles in and crashes into my side table. Expecting this, but still slightly startled, I quickly pull the changing curtain to block his view of me while slipping on a blue bathrobe. Djali, Esmeralda's original goat in the movie, now my goat, rushes up to Quasimodo, deciding if he's a threat or not. Djali is surprisingly protective of me, even though we're both guys, and he's also very clever too. 

Once my bathrobe fully covers me, I come out from behind the curtain and help Quasimodo up. 

"Oh my goodness, are you alright?" I ask worriedly, that was quite the fall after all. He looks up at me, and upon seeing my face, he blushes heavily, before looking back down in shame and apologizing profusely.