It can't be true!

Start from the beginning

When I turned around I saw Aarav looking at me with some kind of sad emotion.

He just smiled and tried to hide the fact that he was not happy with me going.

Because his emotion was not the miss you kind of sad. It was something else!

I don't even know, why?

Why is everyone behaving strange?

I don't know but even I was not having a good feeling about this weekend.

Hope everything goes right!

I sat on the passenger seat and we drove off.

When I entered home, Dad was waiting on the sofa and I quickly hugged dad.
"Finally you're done with your studies." Dad said while hugging me.

"Yeah! It is only Dad over here. Mom is always been invisible right?" Mom said rolling her eyes and with a wide grin I lunged towards mom.

"I've missed you all soo much." I said.
"You're a small kid? Lunging at mom & Dad like that." Daksh said teasing me and I just glared at him.

"You won't know. You live with them under a roof." I said resting my head on mom's shoulder.

"Daksh, don't trouble her." Dad said glaring at him and I stuck my tongue out.

"This is the reason, I never wanted you here back. Stealing all my love." Daksh said fake crying.

"Enough of it, you two. The dinner is ready. Go freshen up." Mom said glaring at both of us and I happily walked towards my room to freshen up.

"I did miss you a bit." Daksh said pulling my hair from behind.

"Owww! You're such a dick!" I said rubbing my scalp.

"Language Shana." He said mimicking Dad and I laughed at him.

I so missed this!

After the dinner we were all sitting in the backyard when Dad said
"Shana, can you just get my phone from my room."

I nodded and walked towards his room.

I picked up his mobile phone and then suddenly my eyes fell on file on the other side of the table.

Fortis Hospital?

I went towards the table and picked up the file when I opened it, I got the shock of my life.

They can't possibly hide that from me?

It can't be true!

The only words I could read were

Mr. Rajveer Oberoi

Coronary Heart Disease

Taking the file in my hands, I furiously walked towards all of them.

"Did you get my phone, beta?" Dad asked and I threw the file on the table.

"What is this?" I asked angrily.
He just sighed and said
"I wanted to talk to you about it."

"How many months?" I asked still mad at him.

"Almost a year." Dad answered.

"Dad! You did not feel the need to tell me about it? Do I not mean anything to you?" I said as I was on the verge of crying.

"Shana, you could've come here and then neglected your studies." He said sighing.

"Because clearly you are more important to me." I said yelling at him.

"How bad is it?" I asked turning towards Daksh because I know Dad would lie again.

"Nothing a surgery can't fix. I've talked to a renowned cardiologist in U.K. regarding the surgery." Daksh said.

"Shana, I wanted to talk tou you." Dad said and I just nodded not trusting my voice.

"Now that you know about my heart condition. I want a favour from you." Dad said and I sat beside him.

"Dad, you don't need to ask for favours. Just order." I said and he smiled.

"I know that the surgery will fix everything but I don't for how many years or months." He said and took a deep breath.

"I never wanted to do this to you but, the situation demands of it. Don't hate me for it." Dad continued and I looked at him confused.

"Come to the point, Dad." I said getting impatient.

"I want to see my children settled. I want you to get married. I know Daksh is eventually going to get married to Myra so I am not worried about him. I want to see you getting married before my eyes so that I know you are in safe hands." Dad said in one breath.

And I looked at him shocked.

Married?

"Have you been seeing people for me?" I asked nervously.

Please, Say no!
Please, Say no!

"No. I wanted to talk to you first about it. I know you are very ambitious you have to achieve a lot and you are just 26 but I want to do this for my peace of mind. Because you are the most precious thing for me." He said and I hugged him crying.

"Do you have someone in mind? Someone whom I could threaten to keep my daughter happy and never let her cry?" Dad asked chuckling and I glanced at Daksh to save me.

I have!
But the problem is I don't know if he wants to.

"Dad she is finished her exams today. Let her breathe for today. When she'll move back here from her apartment next week. We'll talk about the potential guyss." Daksh said interrupting.

"Okay. But I have to leave for U.K. after two weeks or so. Make sure to tell me before that or else I will use my search engine." Dad said.

"I am coming to U.K. with you." I said and I knew he would protest so I shut him up with a stern glare.

"Okay. What could I say before my little girl?" Dad said ruffling my hair.