Part 1.5

THE INSTITUTE
3rd Person POV

Simon is sitting on a bed in Izzy's room, fidgeting with his fingers. Izzy walks in with a tray full of breakfast food.

"So, um... what happens to humans if they're..." he points towards Izzy's neck "runed?"

"They usually die. Sometimes they go crazy. When that happens, we call them the Forsaken. Then we kill them."

"Right. So the rune on Clary's neck..."

"A healing rune. Liz used it to save her life."

"So Lizzy knew she was a Shadowhunter?

"She was almost certain." Isabelle smirks.

Simon stands up from the bed but Izzy quickly moves in front of him.

"Where could you possibly be going?" She pushes Simon back on the bed.

"To get Clary, to protect her from Lizzy"

"And why would she need protection from my sister? She's the ultimate protector."

"What makes her so special?" Simon inquired.

"Fast, strong, fierce. And hello, have you seen her? she's pretty scary. If she wanted, you'd be dead by now. And I personally think she has a soft spot for Clary. She's just too oblivious."

"Yeah, well, uh... sorry I asked."

"Rest easy, hombre. Clary's in good hands." She sits down on the bed and eats the gooey something out of the bowl. "Mmm, don't worry. There's plenty more where that came from."

"Good to know. Good to know" He plays around with his spoon in the food and lets out a nervous chuckle. "So the Circle... if they're as bad as they say they are, it's not good for Clary, is it?"

"It's not good for any of us." She replies somberly, her mood changing from flirty to serious in a matter of seconds.

~•~•~•~•~•~

IZZY'S ROOM
3rd Person POV.

"Hey, umm- Jace told me that you called for me?"

Clary comes into Izzy's room. The room is sparkly and glittery with all types of dresses hanging around. Izzy is figuring out what Clary is gonna wear.

"What are you going to wear now?"

"I think I'll stick with Liz's clothes?"

"Nope. I want to dress you up"Izzy picks up a revealing top with leather pants to pair it with.

"Is this the least revealing thing you have?"

"What? All the naughty bits are covered. A little too much in my opinion."

"Where's Simon?"

"Who?" Izzy feigns confusion. "Kidding. He's in good hands with the boys."

"So, um...Elly, you, Alec and Jace are... what, like, family?" Clary asks nervously.