coward

"Say that again you bastard! " Jean said, fuming.

"You really like being complimented don't you? " I said, smirking.

Jean charged at me with his fist raised.

"You little-"

Eren caught his arm and kicked his legs which cause him to fall on the ground with a loud crash.

"What did you-" Jean said, trying to get up.

"It's something useful that I learnt while you were goofing off. " Eren said, glaring at jean. "Even after acting like a damn coward and forcing your crappy ideals on to others, you dare call yourself a soldier? "

Everyone watched us silently without making a single noise. For few seconds, the only sound to be heard was jean in pain, and nothing else.

"What the hell is going on here? " Shadis said, staring from the gap on the partly opened door.

"Sasha passed some gas sir. " Mikasa said abruptly, raising her hand.

Everyone were trying to hold in their laughter, except Eren and jean who were still glaring at each other from across the table. I didn't laugh but I was just curious about Mikasa actually having a sense of humor.

"Sir, Jean was making a bad example with his trashy behavior, and he attacked me when I corrected him. Eren just defended me from his attack. " I said looking back at the instructor.

"You... You're the absurdly strong one right? I was always curious about how you humiliated mikasa like that. Looks like your sharp reflexes come along with a sharp tongue too. That's besides the point. In any case, if I hear another noise in here, I will make you all run until you shit your pants! You get that?! " He boomed, then he stormed off, slamming the door behind him.

Everyone started to get up from their seats to go their rooms.

"let's go to bed jinwoo." Eren said, stretching and letting out a yawn.

"Yeah sure. " I said, smiling softly.

I followed behind eren to my room, thinking about tomorrow's training until someone softly tugging on my sleeve from behind me broke me out of my train of thought.

"H.. hey...Sung jinwoo. Can I talk to you for a second if you don't mind? " a short petite girl with jet black hair spoke.

"What is it Mina? At this time of the night... " I asked.

"I just... wanted to say that... You were amazing during training...and...and... You looked so confident... and...umm... can I be your friend? "

"That was weird. You should have just asked that at the start. " I said laughing. She frowned at me. "Ok, yeah, I'll be your friend. "

"Thanks. I'll... be going now. Since it's so late. " Mina said.

I stood there and watched as her friends teased her. One of her friends playfully elbowed her in the ribs, giving her a sly look, and they pulled her into their room.

Looking at them fooling around reminded me of Jin-ah. I hope she's doing okay. She might be wondering where I am right now. But I decided not to worry too much since it would distract me from the task at hand. After they had shut their door, I sighed and walked into the boys' room.

Everyone was lying on their beds, chatting with each other. To be honest, I liked this warm feeling.

"Yo Jean, you surely got a*s handed to you huh. " Reiner said, laughing.

"Shut up Reiner. I'm already pissed off as it is. " Jean said. He was lying on his back with his limbs casually spread apart, except, he was holding his forehead as if he was trying to control himself from acting out.