Chapter 22 - Red

Magsimula sa umpisa

 "I see. I'm surprised they don't just have fake IDs or something."

"Apparently some of them are really careful or conservative or something. This way they can just do it without worrying."

"So she's bringing a whole group to crash with them? In their apartment?"

"No, just herself and a couple of her friends from high school, I think." 

"How dressed up are we going? It's not like a clubbing type thing is it? Because I don't have anything for that." 

 "I think it's relatively casual? It's a house party."

"True..."

They finished their meal within an hour and went back to their apartment. Victoria texted their new group chat to see if they should swing by to introduce themselves first, but Rick said that his cousin and her friends all left to wander the town pretty shortly after dropping off their stuff. 

"Ask the guys if either of them want to spend the night at our place. That way at least one of them doesn't have to bum on the couch." Steph proposed. 

"But wouldn't they just sleep on our couch?" Victoria responded.

Steph could only stare at Victoria until she understood what she was suggesting. 

"Oh... OH. Um sure." Victoria seemed hesitant.

"Only if you're okay with it... I know you and Rick are still are still new to each other. Worst case, you and I can share one bed, they can share the other or Jason can stay in his, and you and I share, or...." Steph was listing all the possible combination options. 

"No, it's okay. I think it would be nice."  Victoria was blushing partially in embarrassment, but also in excitement. 

While waiting for the next response they decided to clean up their apartments and room a little in anticipation of having overnight guests. 

"Vicky." Steph called her as she stepped into her room. "Are you going to wear for tonight?" She asked pulling  down the waistband of her sweats and lucky panties revealing the Goodnite. 

"I don't think so. I don't really plan on drinking tonight. Last time I was a bit of an emotional mess. I'd rather not repeat that in a large group setting. You?" She noticed the faint swelling and yellow tint of the Goodnite. "Did you want a fresh one?"

Steph thought about it for a moment. House parties do tend to get long lineups in the washroom, and if she drank beer it does go through her quite badly. But she thought about her conversation with Jason, and since this is still all new to him, she wanted to give him one less thing to worry about. "Yeah, I should probably change... but I think I'll pass on the Goodnite for  tonight."

"Okie." Victoria said cheerfully. "Party's not for another 4 hours... what do you wanna do for dinner?" 

"Let's ask the guys if they have anything planned. Have they responded yet?" 

Victoria read a message on her phone when they heard a knocking at the door. "Oh, that's them."

The guys came in and the four of them lounged around and chatted to figure out their plans for the evening. They decided that Jason would spend the night with Steph while Rick would take Jason's bed and Victoria can stay in her own. This way at least one person could be in the apartment in case anything were to happen. 

"As for dinner... I hate to be a party pooper, but I'm a bit low on funds after the past couple weeks of eating out." Victoria chimed in. Are you guys okay if we cook at home?