╰┈➤ 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗔𝗨 (𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼)

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗜'𝗺 𝗙𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
𝗢𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝗩𝗮𝗻 𝗗𝗶𝗷𝗸

"We're- we're partners?" My mouth lets out. She nods at me.

"We are," she says, "I was hoping if you could come over at my house today, so that we can begin working on it. What time is suitable for you?"

"Uh.. uhm.." I have no idea when I am free and when I have to attend my extra classes, so I decide to pull out my phone to see my schedule. My hands are shaky and just as I get a hold on my phone, it drops from my hand right in front of her feet. "I'm sorry," I mumble, bending down to pick it up, but before I can grab it, Coco picks it up and hands it to me, a genuine smile pinned on her lips.

I take my phone from her and access my schedule to see that I'm free for the rest of the day. I let her know that I can come whenever she wants me to.

"Well, do you want to come with me after school finishes?" She asks. Knowing that I have to do the project with her no matter what, I nod. The class is dismissed and we all go to attend the other classes of the day.

❄︎

AFTER SIX LONG, DREADFUL HOURS

I stand in front of the school, pacing forward and backward. Coco was supposed to take me with her to her house, but I can't spot her. And because of her, I missed the bus I take everyday to home.

I knew it.

She's just like every other partner I've been stuck with before.

Not doing any work on their own, leaving me to finish up the task.

Anger clouding my entire brain, I stomp past the gates of the school, realising I need to walk back to home. I cross my arms in front of my chest and begin to walk on the side of the road. It will take atleast 15-20 minutes for me to walk to my house. As I walk, I hear someone's heavy footsteps run up to me from behind. I turn around to see Coco running, her blonde hair bouncing off her shoulders. She stops right in front of me and sucks in a few deep breathes.

"I- I'm sorry I'm late," she begins, slightly panting, "I had to talk to my english teacher before leaving the school."

Oh.

So she is not like the others.

Or is she?

"It's okay," I say. "How are we supposed to go to your home?"