𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

𝗦𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆.

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗦 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗭𝗘 as their eyes lingered over his body

"I got a hot tub for my friends." JJ nodded, "You know what? No, you know what? Screw friends.
I got a hot tub for my family!"

"What the hell?" Pope whispered, his eyes tracing the bruises that laid against his fragile skin.

"I got this for you. Guys, look what I did for you! All right? Look at this! Look at this!" JJ waved his arms around, holding back his own emotions that so badly wanted to escape.

"JJ." Aria sobbed, slipping her sneakers off of her feet. "No, you stop being emotional. It's fine, okay?
I mean, it's sweet, right? Everything... Just get in!" JJ pleaded.

Once her shoes were on the ground including her socks, Aria stepped into the water, not even giving a damn if her shorts got wet. She wrapped her arms around the boy, his body immediately relaxing as he threw himself on her. His arms tightening around her waist as he cried.

"I just couldn't do it. I can't take him anymore!
I was gonna kill him. I just wanna do the right thing." He cried, burying his face into the crook of her neck.

"Shh." Aria cooed, rubbing his back softly, "It's okay, baby."

Kie and Pope joined their hug, latching their own arms around the two. They needed him, JJ needed them.

Aria had led JJ out of the hot tob, and leading him into the shower to wash off.

"You got this?" Pope asked, leaning against the door way.

"Yeah." Aria nodded, pulling out clothes for JJ.

Kie had already crashed on the couch as Pope joined her on the opposite side. Aria slouched against the bed, picking at her finger nails as JJ walked into the room.

"Thanks." He mumbled, pulling on the black tshirt and the sweatpants.

JJ laid next to her on the bed, staring up the dark ceiling. Their breaths matched, JJ flipping on his side so he could face her.

He lifted his hand to her cheek, rubbing small circles, "I am so sorry. I promise you that I didn't mean it. It was just me being angry. I love you."

"I know JJ. It's okay, I love you too." She rolled her bottom lip into her mouth as she cuddled into him.

The coolness took her attention as JJ slipped the ring back onto her finger, "Where it belongs." He chuckled, kissing her forehead.

The next morning had rolled around, the group huddled around the hot tub, the river duck floats were on their last leg, basically drowning in water as they deflated overnight.

JJ placed his feet in the water, Aria sitting next to him, occasionally splashing JJ with her own feet.

"How's it feeling?" Pope asked the brunette as she was testing out the tools for the heist.

Kie looked down at him as she was testing the strong rope, "Feels good."

Pope pulled the lever towards his body, "Taking you down."

"John B pullin' a Houdini." JJ acknowledged, the friends letting the realization sink in.

It felt as if the past couple of days the group had been extremely distance, John B off with Sarah while JJ went on his mini rampage.

Pope shrugged, switching the subject, "I got my scholarship interview tomorrow."

"Speak of the devil. Hey!" JJ said, making them all turn their attention towards a furious John B.

"Hi John B." Aria said politely but he just stormed past them, "Uh... what's that all about?" She asked, taken by surprised at his harshness.

"was gonna ask you the same question." JJ muttered, pulling his feet out of the water and onto the ground.

"You all right, man? What... what's up?" JJ asked, watching John B tear up the house, throwing things around.

"What are you looking for?" Kie interrogated him, watching him silently search.

Aria's eyes widened as she watched John B pull out the familiar gun, "John B, what do you need the gun for?"

"Talk to us!" JJ attempted to capture his attention, John B was breathing heavy as he clenched the gun in his grip.

He stormed out as he jumped into the vehicle, "Ward knows about the gold. He killed my dad."

And with that he sped away, leaving the three in confusion, shock and well hurt. More for John B at the fact that his own girlfriends father killed his own dad.

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲!
F U ward