𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

𝗖𝗮𝘁𝘀 𝗔𝘀𝘀...

𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗔'𝗦 𝗙𝗘𝗘𝗧 𝗣𝗔𝗗𝗗𝗘𝗗 against the pavement as she stormed up to the boy who stood a few feet away from her

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She sneered at him, crossing her arms over her chest.

"There she is! Little Miss Perfect!" Rafe laughed, clenching his jaw. From another persons perspective it would look like he was off the walls. Which maybe he was.

"Are you high?" Aria asked, taking in his bloodshot eyes and his frantic tone.

"N-No." He denied, shaking his head quickly. "Mhm." She hummed, forming her lips into a small line.

"I just heard about your little home invasion." Rafe changed the subject, Aria's heart dropping at his words.

"What are you talking about?" She gulped, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Stop lying! You don't know what you got yourself into!" Rafe screamed at her.

"You're right! I don't know." Aria yelled, placing her hands on his chest to avoid close distance with him.

"He's gonna fucking come for you and the he will come for your friends and that little boyfriend of yours." Rafe concluded, stepping away from the girl and hoping onto his bike.

Aria ran a stressed hand over the top of her black hair, smoothing out the frizzes at the top. Unfortunately for her Topper joined Rafe's scolding, stopping his bike as he neared her.

"I thought you were better than this." He said, shaking his head before following Rafe into the distance.

She scoffed as she walked back to her car where Kie and Pope glanced between each other as they saw the distressed look that laid on her face.

"Well, he's a tool." Pope said, attempting to lighten up the tension as Aria flung open her car door, sliding into the white seat.

"Yeah, tell me about it." Aria laughed, restarting the engine, "I dated him."

They had fled the road, taking off and going to the Chateau, JJ had still been in "hiding", no sign of him anywhere.

"Gotta be done before my scholarship interview in the morning." Pope announced, reminding the two girls for the hundredth time.

"Okay, well, we gotta focus." Kie replied, pulling out the last piece of equipment that they had gathered for the mission.

"Got it." Aria sent Pope a small smile while sticking her thumbs up at him.

"We got John B and JJ inside the well, and me up top." Pope explained, double checking their plan. "You, Aria and Sarah will be outside transporting."

Aria nodded, taking in what he was saying. She wasn't necessarily nervous for the mission, more so scared that they would be caught again, all she knew was they needed to get down there fast before someone else did. It was believable that another person or people could have been following them, they had already been shot at so it wasn't something they were checking off the list.

"Yeah, we got this." Kie nodded, leaning over to give her a high-five.

"Uh, I got a winch." Aria said, holding up the tool she had stolen from her fathers tool box just a couple hours ago. "That tin can hold over like... 200, 300 pounds."

"Thanks." Kie and Pope said in union, taking Aria by slight surprise at their manners towards her.

"Uh, what for?" She giggled lightly, placing the tool back down on the ground next to the scattered items.

"Stranding us. You know, making us make up." Kie smiled, pulling her into a small hug.

"Don't go all soft on me now." Aria fluttered her eyes shut as she wrapped her arms around her friends figure.

The sudden splashing sound had the girls pulling away from each other and looking around in confusion, "What the hell?" Pope whispered, walking towards the sound, Aria and Kie trailing behind him.

"Who the hell is that?" Aria asked, narrowing her eyes at the body in the distance.

Colored lights covered the ground, a hot tub perched in the middle of the grass, JJ sitting in it with a bottle in his hand as he popped the cork.

Aria stiffed as she ran her eyes down the boys body, his blonde hair slight soaked, eyes covered by the glass that she had given him. A smile carved into his face as he saw the three friends pause in front of him.

"What did you do, JJ?" Pope asked in shock, his own eyes widening at the boys appearance.

"I got a jet going straight in my butt right now." JJ laughed, moving around in the water, "Y'all should get in immediately, you hear me?"

Pope gulped, "How much did this cost?"

"Well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery..." JJ paused, looking around at the pool of water that surrounded him, "pretty much all of it, yeah."

"All of it?"

"Yeah, all of it." He shrugged.

"You spent all the money in one day?" Pope hissed, more upset than angry.

JJ nodded, proudness covering his features, "Yeah, burned a hole right through my pocket." He shrugged, "Finest in jet-based massage therapy, that's what they told me."

Aria's eyes stung with tears as she watched him, her heart burning with pain. She wanted nothing more than to be able to make it better, to take every bit of bad in his life and put it on her. He didn't deserve this.

JJ took in her state, furrowing his brows when he saw the guilt on her face, "Ari, what? Can't a man have a little luxury in life?"

She didn't say anything back, her vision boring into the grass underneath her white sneakers which were covered in mud.

"Come on, all this scrimpin' and scrapin'... I mean, like... guys, we... You only live once, right?" He shrugged his shoulders.

Aria flicked her blue eyes back to the boy, a tear running down her cheek, attempting to control her sobbing.

JJ scoffed, angry with himself for making her feel like this, "Enough of this emotional shit. Get in the Cat's Ass. Come on."

"In the what?" Pope questioned, raising his dark brows at the nick name.

"In the Cat's Ass. That's what I named her." JJ answered, "Oh, hey, yo, I almost forgot."

JJ lifted his hand up, switching a button as the water moved around his body, the disco light that was hung above him swung around, lighting up the entire area even more.

"Yeah, that's right, I know. Disco mode. That's right, baby!" JJ cheered, splashing around in the water.

"Are you kidding me?" Pope raised his voice in disbelief, "You could have paid for restitution!"

"Or literally given it to any charity!" Kie added on.

"You could have helped us buy supplies to get the rest of the gold out of the well!" Pope continued to scold the boy.

"Okay, well, you know what? I didn't do that!" JJ sneered, "I got a hot tub!"

Silence washed over Kie and Pope as JJ stood up out of the water, different colored bruises planted onto his stomach.

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲!
damn this scene got me crying :/